Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Bonded T1s from different carriers?

Bonded T1s from different carriers?

Joe Matuscak

I'm looking at setting up bonded point to point T1s (2 each) to our
remote plants using multilink PPP to increase our bandwidth. I think I
understand the MLPPP setup, but what I was wondering about is using
different carriers for each of the T1s to a given site.

It sounds to me like MLPPP can deal with different latencies on the
circuits and that if circuit "A" is from (say) Qwest and circuit "B" is
from (say) Sprint it really shouldnt matter. Correct?

Are there any drawbacks to this sort of configuration. I can see some
added "Who you gonna call" abiguities, but other than that? What is the
realworld expirience with this?

BTW, The central router is a 3640, the two remotes are 2620's

Thanks,

--
Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation