Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Can I stitch pictures if my camera lacks stitch mode?

Can I stitch pictures if my camera lacks stitch mode?

cc_brewster@yahoo.com

My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
this, such as matching white balance, etc?

John A. Stovall

On 18 Mar 2006 12:12:47 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
>connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
>this, such as matching white balance, etc?

Yes. Do some googling on the subject.
--

"There has always been war. War is raging throughout the world
at the present moment. And there is little reason to believe

James Nachtwey
War Photographer
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

Joseph Meehan

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
> connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
> this, such as matching white balance, etc?

Few if any cameras have the ability to stitch photos, that is usually
done in software.

Some cameras have a panorama mode, that locks the exposure and focus
while you take the photos to be stitched so they will match better.

So if you can with your camera take overlapping photos and lock the
exposure, focus and zoom then check the software you have to see if any has
a stitch or panorama mode. If not you may want to consider some new
software. I believe there are some free programs that will even do it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On 18 Mar 2006 12:12:47 -0800, in rec.photo.digital (E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
>connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
>this, such as matching white balance, etc?

Best if you lock the exposure or use full manual settings. Software can do
some blending. Give the Autostitch demo a try if using a Windoze PC.
http:/www.autostitch.net
http://EdwardGRuf.com

John H

On 18 Mar 2006 12:12:47 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
>connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
>this, such as matching white balance, etc?

Have a look here:
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

John H

Alan

In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote

>My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
>connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
>this, such as matching white balance, etc?

See

<http://www.panoguide.net/site_index.jsp>

The software list is at
<http://www.panoguide.net/products/>

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Marvin

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
> connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
> this, such as matching white balance, etc?

Any good image editor will do it well. In general, I prefer
not to have the camera do any processing of the imagfe,
other than making jpg files. After that, I edit woith Paint
Shop Pro, and keep the original image as a backup
(equivalent to a negative) so that, if needed, I can go back
to Start and do the image editing over until I get it just
right.

Rich

On 18 Mar 2006 12:12:47 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
>connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
>this, such as matching white balance, etc?

In-camera modes are a pain.
Try this, its free.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Ron Hunter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My new camera, Fuji 5200 seems to have no stich or panorama mode to
> connect pictures that move across a scene. Can software alone handle
> this, such as matching white balance, etc?

Yes, but you can help the software by setting your white balance, and
exposure on manual so that it doesnt' change between pictures. This
will make the job much easier for the stitching program.

There are many such programs, and some, like the feature in Photoshop
Elements do a good job, with little effort. Others will produce better
results, but have a very steep learning curve. In either case, be ready
to invest a bit of time to get really good panoramas.