Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 70-200mm f/2L.8 IS USM Lens

Canon 70-200mm f/2L.8 IS USM Lens

Carl Miller

On March 17 2006, "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I can't really say if it should be your first "L" lens, since I don't
> know what other lenses you have. A 24-70 f2.8 or 24-105 f4 IS may be
> a better choice, if you don't have those ranges covered adequately.

Although I generally use the 28-135mm "non-L" lens, I absolutely LOVE my
16-35mm "L". But at 16mm, you have to be careful not to get your toes in
the shot.

I've used the 70-200mm 2.8 "L" at a workshop and can't wait to get one
of those. (There, my post isn't off topic any more.)

Then after that, it's a couple of tilt-shift lenses and I think I'll be
done buying lenses for a while.

--
Carl Miller
www.carlmillerphotos.com

Mardon

"Don Dunlap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Very nice photos. It would be nice to be able to display the
> exif, or did I miss something?
> Don

Thank you, Don!

When I first started putting up images on my web site, I was using
Photoshop's, "Save for web" command that strips the EXIF data.
Because other people also expressed an interest in having the EXIF
available, I'm now using the normal "Save" command, which retains the
EXIF data. Any of the images since early March ought to have the
EXIF data embedded in them. This is the case, for example, with all
three of the hockey games that are currently in the Sports Gallery.
Unfortunately, in order to see the EXIF data, you have to save the
photo to your local computer and use one of your own programs to view
it. If anyone can tell me how to put a script on my web site that
will display the EXIF data directly from there, I would be very
appreciative. I do not want to move to one of the photo gallery
sites that do this. I want to keep my own domain.