Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > load balencing/sharing Serial and ISDN lines

load balencing/sharing Serial and ISDN lines

g_dileep@yahoo.com

Hi,

I am trying to configure a router : to load balence between Serial and
ISDN lines. Both are 64Kbps speed. Can you suggest which method is best
for this (cisco 2600 router)?

I tried all four load-sharing approaches:
- fast switching (ip route-cache)
- process switching (no ip route-cache)
- CEF (per-destination)
- CEF (per-packet)

Out of all, fast swtiching seems to be better. But, I noticed that,
performance even with this not good (however better than other
load-sharing methods). Most of the traffic is taking ISDN line rather
than Serial line. I have two static routes:
ip route 0.0.0.0/0 Serial0/0
ip route 0.0.0.0/0 Dialer1 <== which is a dialer map to ISDN inteface

Please let me know your suggestions/comments.

Thanks in advance
Dilip