Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Treasure Island night shots

Treasure Island night shots

Cynicor

Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.

http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

Sharp

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:39:38 -0800, Cynicor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
>
>http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

Looks good! You & the D200 make a good team.

Frank B

Nice, especially the first one. What was the light source? Love the way
the moon is captured in that shot.

"Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
>
> http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

Phil Stripling

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Cynicor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
>
> http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

Very nice.

secheese

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
>
>http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

Of the five, I like the 4th one. The others do nothing for me.

Cynicor

secheese wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:39:38 -0800, Cynicor
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
>>
>>http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

> Of the five, I like the 4th one. The others do nothing for me.

Thanks, now I have to go buy a broom for my shattered confidence.

Cynicor

I had been shooting over at the SF skyline, and I looked back to the Bay
Bridge to Oakland. I thought that they'd put up some bright construction
lights. Five minutes later, I realized it was the moon rising, so I ran
across the street and started shooting in that direction. The boats were
mostly lit by the marina lights, and as always these days everything had
that harsh orange sodium glow. I usually end up turning the white
balance way down, to 3000 or so, to compensate a bit.

Frank B wrote:
> Nice, especially the first one. What was the light source? Love the way
> the moon is captured in that shot.
>
> "Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
>>
>>http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

secheese

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:44:05 -0500, Cynicor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>secheese wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:39:38 -0800, Cynicor
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
>>>
>>>http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

>> Of the five, I like the 4th one. The others do nothing for me.

>Thanks, now I have to go buy a broom for my shattered confidence.

hehe Sorry... damn text medium. Didn't intend to sound that harsh.
Still say the 4th one is good.