Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ACER Monitor Colour Profiles

ACER Monitor Colour Profiles

huckleberry

Can anyone tell me how to find the ICC or ICM colour profile for my new
Acer AL1951 LCD monitor that I need to calibrate for use with
Photoshop. Acer tell me they do not give out these details to members
of the public, why I don't know. I also need the gamma, white spot and
phospher settings.

Roy G

"huckleberry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Can anyone tell me how to find the ICC or ICM colour profile for my new
> Acer AL1951 LCD monitor that I need to calibrate for use with
> Photoshop. Acer tell me they do not give out these details to members
> of the public, why I don't know. I also need the gamma, white spot and
> phospher settings.

Hi

I think you will need to Calibrate and profile your new Display with a
hardware device such as Spyder or Eye-one.

These do not need the manufacturers profile, and will create a profile for
you.

Your post read as if you had been going to Calibrate with Adobe Gamma, and
that does not work with Flat Panels.

Roy G

Peter R Hobson

> Can anyone tell me how to find the ICC or ICM colour profile for my new
> Acer AL1951 LCD monitor that I need to calibrate for use with
> Photoshop. Acer tell me they do not give out these details to members
> of the public, why I don't know. I also need the gamma, white spot and
> phospher settings.

Acer provide ICC profiles for many of their monitors (though I couldn't
quickly find the 1951) from their corporate ftp support sites! I do not
therefore understand the response you were given.

Professor Peter R Hobson
School of Engineering & Design
Brunel University, Uxbridge UB8 3PH G.B.

huckleberry

Thanks for that but why do you say Adobe Gamma doesn't work with flat
screens?

Roy G

"huckleberry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Thanks for that but why do you say Adobe Gamma doesn't work with flat
> screens?

Hi.

Don't know why, it just doesn't. I still use CRTs

Roy G

Roy G

"Peter R Hobson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Can anyone tell me how to find the ICC or ICM colour profile for my new
>> Acer AL1951 LCD monitor that I need to calibrate for use with
>> Photoshop. Acer tell me they do not give out these details to members
>> of the public, why I don't know. I also need the gamma, white spot and
>> phospher settings.
>>

> Acer provide ICC profiles for many of their monitors (though I couldn't
> quickly find the 1951) from their corporate ftp support sites! I do not
> therefore understand the response you were given.
>
> ************************************************** ******
> Professor Peter R Hobson
> School of Engineering & Design
> Brunel University, Uxbridge UB8 3PH G.B.

Hi.

Again don't know why, but I did read on an earlier posting that someone had
just bought themselves an Eizo Flat Panel, then were told by Eizo that its
settings were all locked, so it could not be calibrated by any means. If a
Calibrate-able Display was needed, then they should have bought one from the
dearer price range.

Roy G

rafe b

"Roy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZwnSf.644$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Again don't know why, but I did read on an earlier posting that someone
> had just bought themselves an Eizo Flat Panel, then were told by Eizo that
> its settings were all locked, so it could not be calibrated by any means.
> If a Calibrate-able Display was needed, then they should have bought one
> from the dearer price range.

And I believe that report was quickly debunked or
retracted.

When I profile my Samsung 213T LCD display, using
a Gretag Eye-1, there is no place in that procedure
that requres me to touch the monitor settings.

By *choice* I reduce the monitor brightness before
the profiling process. But I don't touch the monitor
controls during or any time after the profile is made.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Don

Rafe B

are you happy with that particular monitor?

regard

Don from Down Under
"rafe b" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...

> "Roy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ZwnSf.644$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>> Again don't know why, but I did read on an earlier posting that someone
>> had just bought themselves an Eizo Flat Panel, then were told by Eizo
>> that its settings were all locked, so it could not be calibrated by any
>> means. If a Calibrate-able Display was needed, then they should have
>> bought one from the dearer price range.

> And I believe that report was quickly debunked or
> retracted.
>
> When I profile my Samsung 213T LCD display, using
> a Gretag Eye-1, there is no place in that procedure
> that requres me to touch the monitor settings.
>
> By *choice* I reduce the monitor brightness before
> the profiling process. But I don't touch the monitor
> controls during or any time after the profile is made.
>

> rafe b
> www.terrapinphoto.com

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 03:47:25 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Don"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>are you happy with that particular monitor?
>Samsung 213T LCD

I have one at work. Profiled with a Spyder. it's pretty good. I still
prefer my crt iiyama VM512 at home though.
http://EdwardGRuf.com

rafe b

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 03:47:25 GMT, "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

[re: samsung 213T LCD monitor]

>Rafe B
>
>are you happy with that particular monitor?

Yes, quite.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com