Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Buyer Beware Tiger direct.ca

Buyer Beware Tiger direct.ca

killer kain

I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had been
shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006 to get
progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV had been
shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called Wednesday
March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and that Tiger
Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web site states "We
DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your order". Well so
much for their policies because my VISA card was charged even though
nothing was shipped. There was no other compensation offered (ie. a
substitute LCD TV of equal quality). There was absolutely no compromise
even though Tiger Direct screwed up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly
not honouring their sales committments to their customers. I spoke to a
Fran Maxwell who said that "she was the end of the line". In so many
words she said, too bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very
frustrating experience. I'm posting here to warn other people about
Tiger Direct's questionable sales practices and hope that if I've
discouraged even one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a
little bit of satisfaction.
I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario CANADA
..
BUYER BEWARE!!

Rudy Benner

http://www.bbbmwo.ca/commonreport.html?bid=1085183

"killer kain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
> tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had been
> shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006 to get
> progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV had been
> shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called Wednesday
> March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and that Tiger
> Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web site states "We
> DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your order". Well so
> much for their policies because my VISA card was charged even though
> nothing was shipped. There was no other compensation offered (ie. a
> substitute LCD TV of equal quality). There was absolutely no compromise
> even though Tiger Direct screwed up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly
> not honouring their sales committments to their customers. I spoke to a
> Fran Maxwell who said that "she was the end of the line". In so many
> words she said, too bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very
> frustrating experience. I'm posting here to warn other people about
> Tiger Direct's questionable sales practices and hope that if I've
> discouraged even one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a
> little bit of satisfaction.
> I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario CANADA
> .
> BUYER BEWARE!!

Dennis Pogson

killer kain wrote:
> I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
> tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had
> been shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006
> to get progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV
> had been shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called
> Wednesday March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and
> that Tiger Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web
> site states "We DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your
> order". Well so much for their policies because my VISA card was
> charged even though nothing was shipped. There was no other
> compensation offered (ie. a substitute LCD TV of equal quality).
> There was absolutely no compromise even though Tiger Direct screwed
> up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly not honouring their sales
> committments to their customers. I spoke to a Fran Maxwell who said
> that "she was the end of the line". In so many words she said, too
> bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very frustrating experience.
> I'm posting here to warn other people about Tiger Direct's
> questionable sales practices and hope that if I've discouraged even
> one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a little bit of
> satisfaction.
> I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario
> CANADA .
> BUYER BEWARE!!

My guess is that the company is probably an internet site and is being run
from a garage or garden shed.

There are hundreds of such companies around, and as for the product, they
have never seen it. Your LCD TV is probably still in Taiwan.

Trouble is, the faster you close them down, the more they proliferate.

Dennis.

Rich

On 15 Mar 2006 19:12:22 -0800, "killer kain"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
>tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had been
>shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006 to get
>progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV had been
>shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called Wednesday
>March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and that Tiger
>Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web site states "We
>DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your order". Well so
>much for their policies because my VISA card was charged even though
>nothing was shipped. There was no other compensation offered (ie. a
>substitute LCD TV of equal quality). There was absolutely no compromise
>even though Tiger Direct screwed up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly
>not honouring their sales committments to their customers. I spoke to a
>Fran Maxwell who said that "she was the end of the line". In so many
>words she said, too bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very
>frustrating experience. I'm posting here to warn other people about
>Tiger Direct's questionable sales practices and hope that if I've
>discouraged even one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a
>little bit of satisfaction.
>I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario CANADA
>.
>BUYER BEWARE!!

I suggest getting them to make you lick beer from their wooden floor,
then assume your other personna and take them all out!
"Killer Kain??!!"

Rich

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:31:02 GMT, "Dennis Pogson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>killer kain wrote:
>> I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
>> tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had
>> been shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006
>> to get progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV
>> had been shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called
>> Wednesday March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and
>> that Tiger Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web
>> site states "We DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your
>> order". Well so much for their policies because my VISA card was
>> charged even though nothing was shipped. There was no other
>> compensation offered (ie. a substitute LCD TV of equal quality).
>> There was absolutely no compromise even though Tiger Direct screwed
>> up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly not honouring their sales
>> committments to their customers. I spoke to a Fran Maxwell who said
>> that "she was the end of the line". In so many words she said, too
>> bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very frustrating experience.
>> I'm posting here to warn other people about Tiger Direct's
>> questionable sales practices and hope that if I've discouraged even
>> one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a little bit of
>> satisfaction.
>> I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario
>> CANADA .
>> BUYER BEWARE!!

>My guess is that the company is probably an internet site and is being run
>from a garage or garden shed.
>
>There are hundreds of such companies around, and as for the product, they
>have never seen it. Your LCD TV is probably still in Taiwan.
>
>Trouble is, the faster you close them down, the more they proliferate.
>
>Dennis.

Well, part of it is. The other part are brick and mortar, a very
popular store in Toronto. However, some people do not like
them, and likely with good reason. I'd say the buyer is lucky
because the LCDs they sell are GARBAGE! Low end junk.
-Rich

Tony

Tiger Direct has been around since before Al Gore invented the internet.
They've always been rather shoddy and slimy.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"Dennis Pogson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:an9Sf.5969$(E-Mail Removed)...
> killer kain wrote:
> > I ordered a 32 inch LCD TV (NIKO) on March 7th, 2006 through
> > tigerdirect.ca. My online account information said that the TV had
> > been shipped on March 10th, 2006 via UPS. I called on March 14, 2006
> > to get progress information on my order and was told that the LCD TV
> > had been shipped and should arrive on Wednesday March 15th. I called
> > Wednesday March 15th to be told that the TV had NEVER shipped and
> > that Tiger Direct would credit my VISA card. By the way their web
> > site states "We DO NOT CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT until we have SHIPPED your
> > order". Well so much for their policies because my VISA card was
> > charged even though nothing was shipped. There was no other
> > compensation offered (ie. a substitute LCD TV of equal quality).
> > There was absolutely no compromise even though Tiger Direct screwed
> > up. Tiger Direct Canada is blantantly not honouring their sales
> > committments to their customers. I spoke to a Fran Maxwell who said
> > that "she was the end of the line". In so many words she said, too
> > bad, we don't give a s$%# about you. A very frustrating experience.
> > I'm posting here to warn other people about Tiger Direct's
> > questionable sales practices and hope that if I've discouraged even
> > one person from buying from them, then I've gotten a little bit of
> > satisfaction.
> > I've made a report to the Better Business Bureau here in Ontario
> > CANADA .
> > BUYER BEWARE!!

> My guess is that the company is probably an internet site and is being run
> from a garage or garden shed.
>
> There are hundreds of such companies around, and as for the product, they
> have never seen it. Your LCD TV is probably still in Taiwan.
>
> Trouble is, the faster you close them down, the more they proliferate.
>
> Dennis.

Beach Runner

Tony wrote:

> Tiger Direct has been around since before Al Gore invented the internet.
> They've always been rather shoddy and slimy.

My brother bought a computer for my folks from them. My father later
drove it to them for service. He went back when they told him to, they
said it had been worked on, but it was in exactly the same position in
the box.

Terrible quality and LIARS.

A company that should go out of business.

Mark Roberts

Same company as TigerDirect.com
Known sleazebags, in other words:

Rudy Benner

"Mark Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Same company as TigerDirect.com
> Known sleazebags, in other words:
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5616.html

I was about to order a Wacom tablet from them. I have seen enough now to
steer clear.

I will go here instead http://ncix.com/

R.

eyalnevo@gmail.com

TD is a well known company. they dont operate from a garage. This story
is annoying but seems to me like a mistake was made, the money
returned. what exactly does this angry Canadian want them to do?