Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera

Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera

SMS

>> Most expensive store in Calgary sells it new for 1399 Body only. Best
>> price you could get 999 If in exceptional shape.

> OK Price police. Going rate is about 950-1050 USD by the way plus
> shipping and duty. Get over yourself.

Yes, the used asking U.S. price, with the kit $100 kit lens and usually
an extra battery is around $1000. $1200 CDN seems a bit high for the
body only, but you could probably get $1100 CDN with no problem.

nobody

In article <NAORf.22938$Cp4.2910@edtnps90>, KWF <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> nobody wrote:
> > Waaay too much for this disco'd camera. I've been offered the same body
> > from an Edmonton retailer for $1,355 - NEW!
> >
> > Even at the 'advertised' price of $1,500 - after a year of use, it is
> > more likely worth $1k, maybe less (depends upon frame-count)
> >
> > Good luck!

> I don't think the 20D has actually been discontinued by Canon. As far
> as I know, you can still get a new 10D. Check their website. Also, the
> new 30D is basically a 20D with a larger screen and a firmware upgrade,
> but with a price of $1650. I wouldn't be surprised if a firmware crack
> is created for the 20D . . .
>
> As far as the value of a used 20D being less then $1k, it would have to
> be in rather poor shape I think. I would much rather spend the same
> money on a used 20D than a new XT.

Just because you can still buy it does not mean they are being manufactured.

Furthermore, just because their web site shows the camera - it does not
mean they are available. They show several cameras that are not available
through supply channels anymore.

Just call McBains or The Camera Store and ask for a _new_ 10D - they'll
laugh and [politely] ask if your nuts. Then try and sell you one of
several **used** 10D's they may have on their shelf

Rule-of-thumb for used electronics 60%-70% of retail. The price I was
offered: $1,355 @ 70% is $948.50. If we go by other _equally_reputable_
stores at $1,400 is $980 - so IMO, $1k is a reasonable estimate.

I do agree that a 20D is way more camera, used, than a new XT could ever
dream of.

TMG

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL

{snip etc]

Please let the group know what you end up selling this kit for.

KWF

TMG wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL

> {snip etc]
>
> Please let the group know what you end up selling this kit for.

agreed. we really don't know what a used 20d is worth until one sells.
all these comments regarding what the kit lens is worth vs what the
body only is worth are silly. personally, i'd buy a body, and pick up a
kit lens really cheap (i.e., < $100 cnd) or skip the kit lens, get a
17-40/4L, and maybe a the new 24-105/4L IS to complement my 70-200/2.8L.

And, just because a camera is no longer manufactured doesn't mean it's
not available new (e.g., just check some use websites and you can get a
NEW 10D), and doesn't mean that the company won't service the equipment.
If you have an old D60 or say a 80-200L, however, Canon will no longer
service it, hence, the equipment is no longer listed on the Canon website.

nobody

In article <2l7Sf.29727$M52.12195@edtnps89>, KWF <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> TMG wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> >> Canon Digital EOS 20D DSLR SLR Camera NOT REBEL

> > {snip etc]
> >
> > Please let the group know what you end up selling this kit for.

> agreed. we really don't know what a used 20d is worth until one sells.

<http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/clearance/EN/proddetailpc.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10069779&catid=22 553&PCName=Clearance&logon=&langid=EN>

The important bit from the FutureSchlock.ca site:

Canon 8.2MP EOS 20D SLR Digital Camera
Our price: $1,399.95
Shipping: FREE

Fred Anonymous

<http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/c...asp?sku_id=066
5000FS10069779&catid=22553&PCName=Clearance&logon= &langid=EN>

> The important bit from the FutureSchlock.ca site:
>
> Canon 8.2MP EOS 20D SLR Digital Camera
> Our price: $1,399.95
> Shipping: FREE

HI folks.

Second-hand 20D body in a London retailer was £600. Reasonably clean but
scuffs on the LCD.
Refurbished 20D was around £700 from the same retailer's Nottingham branch.

Regards, Ian