Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New pictures

New pictures

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

Some pictures of some birds I shoot (with my camera a few weeks ago:

http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Fo...um=Fjerplytt_1

I don't know the english name of the bird. It's called "calidris maritima"
in latin.

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Foto/

Petri Lopia

On 2006-03-14, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I don't know the english name of the bird. It's called "calidris maritima"
> in latin.

Could it be "Purple Sandpiper" ?
Nice photo by the way =)

--
Petri Lopia :: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
Firework, Lightning, sun, moon, nature etc. photos

Petri Lopia wrote:

> On 2006-03-14, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> I don't know the english name of the bird. It's called "calidris
>> maritima" in latin.

> Could it be "Purple Sandpiper" ?
> Nice photo by the way =)

Thanks.

I don't know. The book I have is in norwegian and shows only the norwegian
and latin name for it.

On 2006-03-14, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Petri Lopia wrote:
>
>> On 2006-03-14, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>> I don't know the english name of the bird. It's called "calidris
>>> maritima" in latin.

>> Could it be "Purple Sandpiper" ?
>> Nice photo by the way =)

> Thanks.
>
> I don't know. The book I have is in norwegian and shows only the norwegian
> and latin name for it.

This has nothing to do with photographing anymore but...
If you want to know english name of example some bird you just have to
search with google using that latin name and you will find that english
name really easily.

--
Petri Lopia :: (E-Mail Removed)lid
Firework, Lightning, sun, moon, nature etc. photos
http://www.petrilopia.net/

Bill P

"Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some pictures of some birds I shoot (with my camera a few weeks ago:
>
> http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Fo...um=Fjerplytt_1
>
> I don't know the english name of the bird. It's called "calidris maritima"
> in latin.
>
> --
> Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
> http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Foto/

http://www.birdguides.com/html/vidli...s_maritima.htm

Purple Sandpiper it is

Bill P wrote:

> "Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Some pictures of some birds I shoot (with my camera a few weeks ago:
>>
>> http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Fo...um=Fjerplytt_1
>>
>> I don't know the english name of the bird. It's called "calidris
>> maritima" in latin.
>>
>> --
>> Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
>> http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/Foto/

> http://www.birdguides.com/html/vidli...s_maritima.htm
>
> Purple Sandpiper it is

Thanks a lot. That link will be bookmarked...

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

Battleax

"Petri Lopia" <petri.lopia@EISPAMMIA_kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) in...
> On 2006-03-14, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> I don't know the english name of the bird. It's called "calidris
>> maritima"
>> in latin.

> Could it be "Purple Sandpiper" ?
> Nice photo by the way =)