Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Large Prints in New York City (Manhattan)?

Large Prints in New York City (Manhattan)?

Andrew

My friend in NYC would like to have some large prints of some digital
photos of mine. She wants 24x36, which I have printed successfully
where I live, but I don't really want to ship them across the country
to her. Instead, I was thinking about having them printed there and
then she can just pick them up.

I'm sure there are oodles of places - Manhattan would be best (I think
she lives in mid-town). Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like a
legitimate place but it doesn't necessarily have to be the finest pro
lab or anything.

Thanks,
Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

wilt

If your friend belongs to Price Club, if she has set up an on-line
access you can log in to her site with her password, download a photo
to her site, then order a print up to 20x30 and specify which Price
Club location that she would visit to pay for the enlargement.

Jeremy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My friend in NYC would like to have some large prints of some digital
> photos of mine. She wants 24x36, which I have printed successfully
> where I live, but I don't really want to ship them across the country
> to her. Instead, I was thinking about having them printed there and
> then she can just pick them up.
>
> I'm sure there are oodles of places - Manhattan would be best (I think
> she lives in mid-town). Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like a
> legitimate place but it doesn't necessarily have to be the finest pro
> lab or anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
> --
> ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
> ************************************************** *****************
> ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
> ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
> ************************************************** *****************

OFOTO/Kodak Gallery goes up to 20x30--and they will mail the print to her.
I don't know offhand of any online printers that go bigger, but they
probably exist.

SMS

wilt wrote:
> If your friend belongs to Price Club, if she has set up an on-line
> access you can log in to her site with her password, download a photo
> to her site, then order a print up to 20x30 and specify which Price
> Club location that she would visit to pay for the enlargement.

No, Costco doesn't do 20x30 in-house. You order on-line and they mail
them to you. They only go up to 12x18 ($3) for pick-up.

SMS

Andrew wrote:
> My friend in NYC would like to have some large prints of some digital
> photos of mine. She wants 24x36, which I have printed successfully
> where I live, but I don't really want to ship them across the country
> to her. Instead, I was thinking about having them printed there and
> then she can just pick them up.
>
> I'm sure there are oodles of places - Manhattan would be best (I think
> she lives in mid-town). Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like a
> legitimate place but it doesn't necessarily have to be the finest pro
> lab or anything.

http://www.the-big-picture.com/

bob crownfield

SMS wrote:
> wilt wrote:
>> If your friend belongs to Price Club, if she has set up an on-line
>> access you can log in to her site with her password, download a photo
>> to her site, then order a print up to 20x30 and specify which Price
>> Club location that she would visit to pay for the enlargement.

> No, Costco doesn't do 20x30 in-house.

costco is not price club.
however, look at costco on line.

You order on-line and they mail
> them to you. They only go up to 12x18 ($3) for pick-up.

Pat

> OFOTO/Kodak Gallery goes up to 20x30--and they will mail the print to her.
> I don't know offhand of any online printers that go bigger, but they
> probably exist.

Kodak has 50% off big prints until 3/9/6. 20 X 30 for $11.50.

W (winhag)

Andrew,

There are a number of labs in Manhattan that will do this. Two are
Dugal (most expensive), US Color lab (www.uscolorlab.com). These are
pro labs so not cheap.
I think if you get a single 24x36 from US color lab, it is about $100.
You should call them to check. US Color lab uses Lightjet printers and
their output is quite good. Another outfit is Baboo labs, but they use
Lambda printers which tend to be not as sharp as the Lightjets.

Andrew wrote:
> My friend in NYC would like to have some large prints of some digital
> photos of mine. She wants 24x36, which I have printed successfully
> where I live, but I don't really want to ship them across the country
> to her. Instead, I was thinking about having them printed there and
> then she can just pick them up.
>
> I'm sure there are oodles of places - Manhattan would be best (I think
> she lives in mid-town). Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like a
> legitimate place but it doesn't necessarily have to be the finest pro
> lab or anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
> --
> ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
> ************************************************** *****************
> ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
> ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
> ************************************************** *****************

Christopher Muto

archival quality 24x36" for $138/$65 (first print/additional prints) from
http://www.nancyscans.com/price.html

names of quality labs in new york city are flat iron, mondernage, duggal,
etc. you'll have to do the research yourself to figer out what they charge.
i can't image they are more economical than nancyscans.
http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr...sa=X&oi=localr

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My friend in NYC would like to have some large prints of some digital
> photos of mine. She wants 24x36, which I have printed successfully
> where I live, but I don't really want to ship them across the country
> to her. Instead, I was thinking about having them printed there and
> then she can just pick them up.
>
> I'm sure there are oodles of places - Manhattan would be best (I think
> she lives in mid-town). Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like a
> legitimate place but it doesn't necessarily have to be the finest pro
> lab or anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
> --
> ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
> ************************************************** *****************
> ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
> ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
> ************************************************** *****************

NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us

see
http://www.pephoto.com/
I believe they do that size and delivers to
three thousand stores in Mtero NYC area

I get my 6x4's from them for eight cents.
8 x 10 are $1.24
they also do laminating etc which I have not used

and speaking of frugal:
Incredibly low long distance phone rates. As low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM!
Works as prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls from home or cell
phone. Compare the rates at https://www.OneSuite.com/ No monthly fee or
minimum. Use Promotion/SuiteTreat Code:
"FREEoffer23" for FREE time.
Altho from USA payphones there is a surcharge, there is NONE from
Canadian payphones.