Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital infrared article

Digital infrared article

wayne

Hi All,

I've just posted an article on DIMi that looks at how digital infrared
photography works and what is happening with the diffeerent color
channels during IR photography, following some discussions with people
at Kodak. <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=466>

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Blog and Podcast http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

Unclaimed Mysteries

wayne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just posted an article on DIMi that looks at how digital infrared
> photography works and what is happening with the diffeerent color
> channels during IR photography, following some discussions with people
> at Kodak. <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=466>

Thanks. This adresses several questions I have had about residual color,
false color, etc., and the behavior of the RGB channels in IR.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

"When I said 'some of my best ideas came while walking between classes
at Harvard' I did not mean to suggest I attended Harvard." -Brian Sack's
Memoirs, Corrected

angusinalberta

wayne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just posted an article on DIMi that looks at how digital infrared
> photography works and what is happening with the diffeerent color
> channels during IR photography, following some discussions with people
> at Kodak. <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=466>

Nice article.

You might also want to mention the under-used technique of creating
colour ir images by taking two exposures, one with the ir filter in
place and one without.

Then replace the _green_ channel in the normal image with the _red_
channel from the ir image. The results are often quite spectacular.

Angus

wayne

Hi Angus,

Yes, I will. I'm working on a color article now and there are a number
of possibilities that I will explore.

Glad you guys found it useful.