Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Chernobyl - Ukraine

Chernobyl - Ukraine

Pea C

Anyone is experienced with photography in this restricted area? Is a
permission needed? What photo-and-other-gear to take? How to plan the trip?

Thanx in advance?

--
Pea C
(ask me for the right e-mail address)

Helen

"Pea C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:214d1$440df8e4$52776b94$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Anyone is experienced with photography in this restricted area? Is a
> permission needed? What photo-and-other-gear to take? How to plan the
> trip?
>
> Thanx in advance?

I should have thought there would be restrictions.
Meanwhile, here is a most excellent site with many pics of the area:
http://www.kiddofspeed.com/ which may give you some answers.

Helen

Bill Funk

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:23:08 +0100, Pea C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone is experienced with photography in this restricted area? Is a
>permission needed? What photo-and-other-gear to take? How to plan the trip?
>
>Thanx in advance?

Here's a link to a site of a woman who claimed to have taken a
motorcycle through the area:
http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter1.html
Turns out she didn't *really* do this in a motorcycle while alone (her
husband went with her in a car), but the photos are real, nonetheless.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Eddie

"Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Pea C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:214d1$440df8e4$52776b94$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Anyone is experienced with photography in this restricted area? Is a
>> permission needed? What photo-and-other-gear to take? How to plan the
>> trip?
>>
>> Thanx in advance?

Why do you want to go there??

This is similar to the tourists from cruise ships I have seen on TV reports
touring around New Orleans derelict areas in buses while the local people
were surveying the wrecks of their houses! Sick IMHO. (

Ed

Fred Lotte

In article <214d1$440df8e4$52776b94$(E-Mail Removed)>, Pea C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone is experienced with photography in this restricted area?

see <http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/chapter1.html>

It's by a woman who rides her motorcycle thru the 'dead zone'. Plenty of pictures.

--
Fred Lotte

Helen

"Eddie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dul0vb$a1h$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...

> Why do you want to go there??

Why ask me? Ask him.

Frank ess

Eddie wrote:

>> "Pea C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:214d1$440df8e4$52776b94$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> Anyone is experienced with photography in this restricted area? Is
>>> permission needed? What photo-and-other-gear to take? How to plan
>>> the trip?
>>>
>>> Thanx in advance?

> Why do you want to go there??
>
> This is similar to the tourists from cruise ships I have seen on TV
> reports touring around New Orleans derelict areas in buses while
> the
> local people were surveying the wrecks of their houses! Sick IMHO.
> (

I think each is a rare opportunity for some meaningful catharsis.
"Healing" and "constructive" are not out of the equation.

--
Frank ess
"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,

the rubaiyat - omar khayyam - 11th century

Paul Rubin

Bill Funk <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Here's a link to a site of a woman who claimed to have taken a
> motorcycle through the area:
> http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter1.html
> Turns out she didn't *really* do this in a motorcycle while alone (her
> husband went with her in a car), but the photos are real, nonetheless.

Some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Filatova

TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Pea C wrote:
> Anyone is experienced with photography in this restricted area? Is a
> permission needed? What photo-and-other-gear to take? How to plan the trip?
>
> Thanx in advance?

Have your thyroid checked in a few years if you do go.

--

Seinfeld Lists - NEW URL
http://seinfeld.freehostpro.com/index.html

California Photos
http://tinyurl.com/ann2l

LOST - Sawyer's Nicknames
http://tinyurl.com/dp8nb

Brian

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:51:14 -0500, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Have your thyroid checked in a few years if you do go.

Any R/A iodine has well decayed by now.

Brian

(For email change closed to open)