Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cell Phone Cameras with USB that don't require web access

Cell Phone Cameras with USB that don't require web access

Tesco News

"Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Tesco News wrote:
>> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> Yikes, talk about unhelpful and unprovoked anger from Tesco News. I
>>> hope he gets his meds balanced pretty soon.
>>>
>>> Motorola and Samsung (and probably others) have phones that take memory
>>> cards that you stick into a card reader. The new ones are Transflash
>>> and the older ones were mini-SD or something like that.
>>>
>>> Many will also take a data cable to transfer between your computer and
>>> camera (oops, I mean phone).
>>>

>> Hi all.
>>
>> I am not on any meds,
>>
>> I am just naturally a Grumpy Old Git, even before I got old.
>>
>> I have a phone, and need it for business.
>>
>> I even have a cell phone, but I don't like phones. My cell phone only
>> makes and receives phone calls. It might be able to text, but I have
>> never bothered finding out. It certainly can not take photos or get
>> Email.
>>
>> I hate getting phone calls from people I do not know, who want to sell me
>> something I don't want or need. If they should happen to be promoting
>> anything to do with telecommunications I get extremely rude. I also
>> happen to think that Call Centres were designed specifically to create
>> and spread Mental Illnesses, and probably have a lot to do with the
>> increasing suicide rates.
>>
>> As for all those people who go about with a phone stuck permanently to
>> their ear, are they aware that in order to work on a Cell Phone Mast, the
>> Techs must wear Radiation Detectors.
>>
>> I dread the day when every new Camera and new Car will have a built in
>> phone.
>>
>> Roy G
>>

> Roy,
> Perhaps you need to find a cave in a remote area, drive there, and push
> the car off into a ravine. BTW, haven't you listed your numbers in the
> 'do not call' registry? If not, do it now.

Hi.

Of course I have registered my number for "No Sales Calls", but the bastards
still keep phoning, and witholding their number. And you can't make official
complaints without the offenders number.

It is only phones that I don't like.

I quite like my car. But if one ever came fitted with an In Car Phone, my
opinion might change.

I am not aware of attempting to correct anyones Grammar.

I might have made remarks about American's inability to use cutlery, and
their weird taste in politicians, but Grammar - no way.

Roy G

Pat

Don't know where you live, but in the US, it seems like there's a
commercial every 15 minutes for cars with On-star or ones that do
self-diagnostics and then email the results to you. Built in phones
are here.

http://www.onstar.com/

Better keep the oil changed in your old alopy. You might need to hang
on to it for a few more years.

If you want to be scared, don't worry about car phones -- go look at
what info the OBD-II in your car tracks. With a simple upgrade from
the parts store, it makes one hell of a way to spy on someone. Even
without the upgrade, it's a little Big Brother-ish.

Bill Funk

On 7 Mar 2006 05:58:42 -0800, "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Don't know where you live, but in the US, it seems like there's a
>commercial every 15 minutes for cars with On-star or ones that do
>self-diagnostics and then email the results to you. Built in phones
>are here.
>
>http://www.onstar.com/

OnStar is just cellphone technology; we bought a new GM vehicle, and
got one year of OnStar for free, but the only thing we woul duse it
for is an emergency. We have cell phones that are far less expensive.
The service can be turned off any time, or otherwise just not used.
It's expensive fro what it is, given the alternatives.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Ben

Hi BR,

I just sold a nice Nokia 6682, which has a 1.2 or 1.3 megapixel camera
built in. The phone includes the cable and software, which a lot of the
other companies charge upwards of $100 for. Pictures of- and by- the
phone can be seen at
http://hodgkins.smugmug.com/gallery/1197773

This cell works with Cingular. As I understand it, in their never
ending greed, Verizon Wireless takes perfectly fine phones, such as the
Motorola e815, which Should have the ability to download pictures
directly to a computer either with bluetooth or a cable, and disables
that capability to force the user to transfer the files thru the
cellular network, which they charge for.

The 6682 is a great phone/PDA. In good light it can take a decent
picture (and video) if you can hold the thing still. In low light,
lacking a real xenon flash (it uses ultrabright LEDs instead) the
results aren't too good.

Hope this helps,
Ben

Ron Hunter

Tesco News wrote:
> "Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Tesco News wrote:
>>> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I am not on any meds,
>>>
>>> I am just naturally a Grumpy Old Git, even before I got old.
>>>
>>> I have a phone, and need it for business.
>>>
>>> I even have a cell phone, but I don't like phones. My cell phone only
>>> makes and receives phone calls. It might be able to text, but I have
>>> never bothered finding out. It certainly can not take photos or get
>>> Email.
>>>
>>> I hate getting phone calls from people I do not know, who want to sell me
>>> something I don't want or need. If they should happen to be promoting
>>> anything to do with telecommunications I get extremely rude. I also
>>> happen to think that Call Centres were designed specifically to create
>>> and spread Mental Illnesses, and probably have a lot to do with the
>>> increasing suicide rates.
>>>
>>> As for all those people who go about with a phone stuck permanently to
>>> their ear, are they aware that in order to work on a Cell Phone Mast, the
>>> Techs must wear Radiation Detectors.
>>>
>>> I dread the day when every new Camera and new Car will have a built in
>>> phone.
>>>
>>> Roy G
>>>

>> Roy,
>> Perhaps you need to find a cave in a remote area, drive there, and push
>> the car off into a ravine. BTW, haven't you listed your numbers in the
>> 'do not call' registry? If not, do it now.

> Hi.
>
> Of course I have registered my number for "No Sales Calls", but the bastards
> still keep phoning, and witholding their number. And you can't make official
> complaints without the offenders number.
>
> It is only phones that I don't like.
>
> I quite like my car. But if one ever came fitted with an In Car Phone, my
> opinion might change.
>
> I am not aware of attempting to correct anyones Grammar.
>
> I might have made remarks about American's inability to use cutlery, and
> their weird taste in politicians, but Grammar - no way.
>
> Roy G

I don't believe I mentioned grammar, so what are you going on about?
I have no problem using cutlery, and can eat in the European manner, if
required (can use chopsticks too), but find the American method more
comfortable. As for weird politicians, I thought 'weird' was a
prerequisite for politicians...