Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Can anybody recommend......

Can anybody recommend......

hawklord

Hi all,

I am about to purchase a digital SLR I have looked at a Nikon D50 has
anybody any comments or recommendations of a similar digital SLR?

Thanks

Nigel

Joseph Meehan

hawklord wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am about to purchase a digital SLR I have looked at a Nikon D50 has
> anybody any comments or recommendations of a similar digital SLR?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nigel

Canon and Nikon seem to be running close to even with their dSLR's I
suggest you take a look at the Canons unless you already have a good reason
to choose Nikon, like having several good lenses that are usable with the
digital Nikon. Both are good products, but they have differences that one
person may like one or the other.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

simon

Pentax *istDL ??

If it helps - pics taken with mine can be found at www.srsteel.co.uk (not
all pics on site taken with Pentax - check info notes where available)

Simon

rugbyphoto

Nigel,

Best bet is to look at www.dpreview.com and see what folks say that
have purchased and used those.

garry

www.rugbyphoto.com

rugbyphoto

Nigel,

Best bet is to look at www.dpreview.com and read the opinions of those
who have purchased already.

garry

www.rugbyphoto.com

Tesco News

"hawklord" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qAHNf.83716$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hi all,
>
> I am about to purchase a digital SLR I have looked at a Nikon D50 has
> anybody any comments or recommendations of a similar digital SLR?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nigel

The best advice anyone can give you is to go and handle some of the Cameras
in your price range.

The D50, D70s, and the Canon Rebels, are all good cameras, and good value
for money, but they all have a different feel. Pick the one which feels
right for you.

Roy G

Pete D

Or with a Pentax DS.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/pr...=images&id=190

"simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:du7jvn$rqs$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Pentax *istDL ??
>
> If it helps - pics taken with mine can be found at www.srsteel.co.uk (not
> all pics on site taken with Pentax - check info notes where available)
>

> Simon

Don Stauffer

hawklord wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am about to purchase a digital SLR I have looked at a Nikon D50 has
> anybody any comments or recommendations of a similar digital SLR?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nigel

We bought a D70 about six weeks ago, and are thrilled with it. My wife
just returned from a trip to China with over 350 images. Just starting
editing, but almost all look great, even in jpeg. Exposure latitude
really surprised her.