Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > cheap print cartridges

cheap print cartridges

webmaster@tourbike.net

I found this site www.pritac.co.uk and it sells really cheap compatable
and remanfactored print cartrdiges but does anyone know somewhere that
can beat these prices on this site

thanks

William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com

The prices are pretty good.

However I have just added a bulk ink tank kit to my Epson R320. So far I am
happy with it. I did not buy the cheapest one on the market. The kit I
bought came from matrixink.com.

The price works out to $11 US per set of six cartriges for the first 10
cartriges and $4.5 US for the following sets of 10 cartriges.

Have a good day.

William

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I found this site www.pritac.co.uk and it sells really cheap compatable
> and remanfactored print cartrdiges but does anyone know somewhere that
> can beat these prices on this site
>
> thanks

Yeah,refilling the cartridges yourself.I get bulk ink from a cartridge
refilling shop (15 euros a 100 ml) there are at least half a dozen in
Iraklion.I have a refilling kit,complete with injections and vacuum chamber
and corkscrew.Note that the cartridge manufacturer (Lexmark) claims that
they can be used ONCE, the refill manufacturer provides ink for just 4
refills and then you have to use another kit.To my experience and to my
vendor's Lexmark cartridges can be refilled at least 5-6 times and then you
get a moderate yield which costs half the money (15 euros) and start
refilling it again with bulk ink.However, I never print my digital prints at
home, but at a digital lab.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

tomm42

If you use a printer that uses dye based ink you are probably OK in
using aftermarket inks. Almost all after market inks are dye based. But
if you are using a printer that the OEM ink is pigment based, you are
loosing all the benefits of the pigment based ink. This includes the
cheap C-8x series Epsons. There are some after market companies that
sell pigment based inks but these are generally not the cheap cheap
cartridges or refills. Dye inks can be "compatible" with pigment ink
printers because the dye can be dispersed by the heads,being thinner
than the pigment based ink.

Tom

Martin Bruntnell

Try 7dayshop.com
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I found this site www.pritac.co.uk and it sells really cheap compatable
> and remanfactored print cartrdiges but does anyone know somewhere that
> can beat these prices on this site
>
> thanks

Stewy

In article <du79g7$pmp$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com>,
"Martin Bruntnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Try 7dayshop.com
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >I found this site www.pritac.co.uk and it sells really cheap compatable
> > and remanfactored print cartrdiges but does anyone know somewhere that
> > can beat these prices on this site

Unfortunately they only mail to the UK mainland.

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "tomm42" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> If you use a printer that uses dye based ink you are probably OK in
> using aftermarket inks. Almost all after market inks are dye based. But
> if you are using a printer that the OEM ink is pigment based, you are
> loosing all the benefits of the pigment based ink. This includes the
> cheap C-8x series Epsons. There are some after market companies that
> sell pigment based inks but these are generally not the cheap cheap
> cartridges or refills. Dye inks can be "compatible" with pigment ink
> printers because the dye can be dispersed by the heads,being thinner
> than the pigment based ink.
>
> Tom

I think it's pigment ink.(Adding the link right now)- www.inktec.com ,at
least the refill kit.The bulk ink I have no idea what it is, but it works
ok.We are using the same 'inkstation' at the shop I used to work for at
least 2 years, with several different printers without problems.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr