Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Requesting Help Buying Card Reader and Lithium Ion Battery on Line - Problem with Online Vendor

Reply
Thread Tools

Requesting Help Buying Card Reader and Lithium Ion Battery on Line - Problem with Online Vendor

 
 
Mike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2006
Hi, I called up an online vendor and ordered a spare battery, Digital
Concepts BP-Li128B lithium ion battery,
and Sakar Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader for my Olympus C-7000 Z
camera. I was charged $13.99 for the battery and $25.99 for the card
reader and $8.98 s/h via USPS ground. The vendor told me the Sakar
Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader was the ONLY reader that will read my
high speed one GB Olympus xD card. I ordered the card reader because the
vendor told me it's the only one that'll read the 1GB card. After placing
the order I did a Google search and discovered the card has a MSRP 0f $20.00
and was available on line for $8.00 to $16.99. I called the vendor telling
him to cancell my order. He told me he'd drop the price of the reader by
severa.l dollars and issue a credit for the difference.

Is it true Sakar Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader is the only reader
that will read my high speed one GB Olympus xD card.? I find this hard to
believe.

Which online digital photography accessory dealers do you recommend?

Mike




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ace
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2006
www.bhphotovideo.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ace
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2006
www.bhphotovideo.com, that is where I bought my digital camera. I
bought my digital camera from them. I bought memory card reader from
circuit city.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2006
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 03:02:54 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Mike"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, I called up an online vendor and ordered a spare battery, Digital
>Concepts BP-Li128B lithium ion battery,
>and Sakar Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader for my Olympus C-7000 Z
>camera. I was charged $13.99 for the battery and $25.99 for the card
>reader and $8.98 s/h via USPS ground. The vendor told me the Sakar
>Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader was the ONLY reader that will read my
>high speed one GB Olympus xD card. I ordered the card reader because the
>vendor told me it's the only one that'll read the 1GB card. After placing
>the order I did a Google search and discovered the card has a MSRP 0f $20.00
>and was available on line for $8.00 to $16.99. I called the vendor telling
>him to cancell my order. He told me he'd drop the price of the reader by
>severa.l dollars and issue a credit for the difference.
>
>Is it true Sakar Digital Concepts CR45M xD card reader is the only reader
>that will read my high speed one GB Olympus xD card.? I find this hard to
>believe.


NO. Any USB 2.0 reader will work just fine

>Which online digital photography accessory dealers do you recommend?


You don't say what vendor. Always check a vendor's ratings at
http://www.resellerraings.com prior to purchasing from unknowns.
--
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
http://EdwardGRuf.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
davidjchurchill@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2006
As you may have already sensed from the replies previous to mine, there
are many (maybe zillions??) of card readers that will handle your xD
card.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-03-2006
That's what I suspected.


<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> As you may have already sensed from the replies previous to mine, there
> are many (maybe zillions??) of card readers that will handle your xD
> card.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2006
This afternoon I stopped by a local very good quality photo shop and asked
them if they had ever heard of the one gb high speed xD card requiring a
special card reader and they replied "no" while looking at me like I came in
from another planet.

Mike

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> As you may have already sensed from the replies previous to mine, there
> are many (maybe zillions??) of card readers that will handle your xD
> card.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
LAshooter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2006
What planet are you from???




"Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsbqOf.2300$_A4.270@trnddc06...
> This afternoon I stopped by a local very good quality photo shop and asked
> them if they had ever heard of the one gb high speed xD card requiring a
> special card reader and they replied "no" while looking at me like I came
> in from another planet.
>
> Mike
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> As you may have already sensed from the replies previous to mine, there
>> are many (maybe zillions??) of card readers that will handle your xD
>> card.
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Partial charging and total cycles [was:Priming new lithium ion battery for full capacity] Quit Worrying About It Digital Photography 0 09-29-2009 02:24 PM
can I use a nikon d70 lithium ion battery in my Nikon d80? spydersweb34 Digital Photography 5 11-06-2007 02:52 PM
Care and Feeding of Olympus Lithium Ion Battery? Mike Digital Photography 22 02-25-2006 02:43 AM
Lithium ion battery question jwr4@webtv.net Digital Photography 19 06-19-2004 09:32 AM
Kodak DX6490 owners and others - Lithium ion rechargable battery zxcvar Digital Photography 14 06-07-2004 07:20 PM



Advertisments