Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo recovery

Photo recovery

John G Evans

Having transferred digital photos from camera to hard disk to CD, for
record purposes, I later discovered that it was not possible to recover
them from the CD.

Software is said to be available for recovering lost images and I would
be very glad of suggestions as to which program is recommended.

Please excuse me if the problem is not appropriate to this group.

John G Evans.

Bart van der Wolf

"John G Evans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having transferred digital photos from camera to hard disk to CD,
> for record purposes, I later discovered that it was not possible to
> recover them from the CD.

There may be several causes for that. It might be that the protocol
was different from what the reading program can handle, or that the
data itself was corrupted (assuming no reader failure). It might also
help when you try a different CD/DVD reader.

> Software is said to be available for recovering lost images and I
> would be very glad of suggestions as to which program is
> recommended.

Try: <http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/>

Bart

Colin D

John G Evans wrote:

> Having transferred digital photos from camera to hard disk to CD, for
> record purposes, I later discovered that it was not possible to recover
> them from the CD.
>
> Software is said to be available for recovering lost images and I would
> be very glad of suggestions as to which program is recommended.
>
> Please excuse me if the problem is not appropriate to this group.
>
> John G Evans.

Try CD-Diagnostic from Infinadyne:

http://www.infinadyne.com/

Has a cost, don't know how much. I bought it a while ago now.

Colin D.