Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Mamiya ZD...where is it?

Mamiya ZD...where is it?

Gene Palmiter

It's been awhile since the 22 mp Mamiya ZD MF digital was announced and
promised. So, where is it...anyone hearing anything?

Not that its an urgent matter....I still have to win the lottery in order to
buy one.

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

Martin Francis

"Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> It's been awhile since the 22 mp Mamiya ZD MF digital was announced and
> promised. So, where is it...anyone hearing anything?
>
> Not that its an urgent matter....I still have to win the lottery in order
> to buy one.

Yup, I saw one today (Focus on Imaging, UK version of PMA). Most of the big
retailers there had at least one- the Mamiya rep told me they should be
hitting UK shelves next month. SRP 7000 ex. VAT, 8225 inc. VAT.

Martin

David J. Littleboy

"Martin Francis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> It's been awhile since the 22 mp Mamiya ZD MF digital was announced and
>> promised. So, where is it...anyone hearing anything?
>>
>> Not that its an urgent matter....I still have to win the lottery in order
>> to buy one.

> Yup, I saw one today (Focus on Imaging, UK version of PMA). Most of the
> big retailers there had at least one- the Mamiya rep told me they should
> be hitting UK shelves next month. SRP 7000 ex. VAT, 8225 inc. VAT.

The Japanese camera magazines claim that it's on the shelves here. (I
haven't had the time to verify that, though.)

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Louise Bremner

David J. Littleboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Martin Francis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> It's been awhile since the 22 mp Mamiya ZD MF digital was announced and
> >> promised. So, where is it...anyone hearing anything?
> >>
> >> Not that its an urgent matter....I still have to win the lottery in order
> >> to buy one.

> > Yup, I saw one today (Focus on Imaging, UK version of PMA). Most of the
> > big retailers there had at least one- the Mamiya rep told me they should
> > be hitting UK shelves next month. SRP 7000 ex. VAT, 8225 inc. VAT.

> The Japanese camera magazines claim that it's on the shelves here. (I
> haven't had the time to verify that, though.)

<http://www.yodobashi.com/enjoy/more/productslist/cat_13_19/21.html>

*wince* Look at that price-tag.... And with only 5% back as points, too.

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!

Gene Palmiter

I don't expect that I will ever have one....unless I do win the lottery, but
it is said to have features that I hope to see soon in cameras that I can
afford. These include RAW-DNG (did that happen?) and a battery that can be
bought anywhere.

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

"Louise Bremner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1hbewhv.1f6a4311acku0iN%trap_for_junk_mail@ya hoo.com...
> David J. Littleboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > Yup, I saw one today (Focus on Imaging, UK version of PMA). Most of the
>> > big retailers there had at least one- the Mamiya rep told me they
>> > should
>> > be hitting UK shelves next month. SRP 7000 ex. VAT, 8225 inc. VAT.

>> The Japanese camera magazines claim that it's on the shelves here. (I
>> haven't had the time to verify that, though.)

> <http://www.yodobashi.com/enjoy/more/productslist/cat_13_19/21.html>
>
> *wince* Look at that price-tag.... And with only 5% back as points, too.

> Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
> If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!

george

"David J. Littleboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dttfu1$ket$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Martin Francis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> It's been awhile since the 22 mp Mamiya ZD MF digital was announced and
>>> promised. So, where is it...anyone hearing anything?
>>>
>>> Not that its an urgent matter....I still have to win the lottery in
>>> order to buy one.

>> Yup, I saw one today (Focus on Imaging, UK version of PMA). Most of the
>> big retailers there had at least one- the Mamiya rep told me they should
>> be hitting UK shelves next month. SRP 7000 ex. VAT, 8225 inc. VAT.

> The Japanese camera magazines claim that it's on the shelves here. (I
> haven't had the time to verify that, though.)

On the shelves is one thing. It'll be interesting to see how many leave the
shelves...