Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

Reply
Thread Tools

Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

 
 
Pvest
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2006
I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko) lenses.

Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't have any electronics!!

I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!

So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in an Olympus E-500 camera or not?

Thanks.



Regards,



Pvest.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rudy Benner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2006

"Pvest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
lenses.
Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus
E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't
have any electronics!!
I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
Thanks.

Regards,

Pvest.

Seems to me there is an adapter.
My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
Lost in a fire.
I am not over it yet.

R.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pvest
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2006

"Rudy Benner" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Pvest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
> lenses.
> Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
> red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with
> Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since
> they don't have any electronics!!
> I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
> fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
> So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
> an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pvest.
>
> Seems to me there is an adapter.
> My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
> Lost in a fire.
> I am not over it yet.
>
> R.
>

Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old Om
users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our old
original equipment.

I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and here
they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! (



Pvest


 
Reply With Quote
 
Alfred Molon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2006
In article <43fe296f$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
> But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old Om
> users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our old
> original equipment.
>
> I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and here
> they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! (


Feel free to ask here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MyOlympus/
--

Alfred Molon
------------------------------
Olympus 50X0, 7070, 8080, E300, E330 and E500 forum at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MyOlympus/
Olympus E500 resource - http://myolympus.org/E500/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rudy Benner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2006

"Pvest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:43fe296f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Rudy Benner" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Pvest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
>> lenses.
>> Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
>> red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with
>> Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since
>> they don't have any electronics!!
>> I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
>> fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
>> So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used
>> in an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Pvest.
>>
>> Seems to me there is an adapter.
>> My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
>> Lost in a fire.
>> I am not over it yet.
>>
>> R.
>>

> Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
> But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old
> Om users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our
> old original equipment.
>
> I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and
> here they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! (
>
>
>
> Pvest


Yes, its sucks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Crash Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2006
Yah I found one to fit my Nikon lenses to my E500...but at 175 smackers,
it's gonna be a while before I pop for it.


"Rudy Benner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|
| "Pvest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:43fe296f$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "Rudy Benner" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >>
| >> "Pvest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >> I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system
(Zuiko)
| >> lenses.
| >> Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that
I
| >> red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with
| >> Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus,
since
| >> they don't have any electronics!!
| >> I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem
to
| >> fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
| >> So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used
| >> in an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
| >> Thanks.
| >>
| >> Regards,
| >>
| >> Pvest.
| >>
| >> Seems to me there is an adapter.
| >> My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
| >> Lost in a fire.
| >> I am not over it yet.
| >>
| >> R.
| >>
| > Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the
web.
| > But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old
| > Om users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of
our
| > old original equipment.
| >
| > I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and
| > here they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! (
| >
| >
| >
| > Pvest
|
| Yes, its sucks.
|
|
|


 
Reply With Quote
 
RK
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2006
You can easily get an adapter for a hundred bucks from any number of
vendors on line, or from Oly. Just get one and be happy. I have one and
it works perfectly well. You'll have saved a lot of money., In the old
days they gave them away with the 300 but times have changed.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick L
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2006

"Pvest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
lenses.
Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus
E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't
have any electronics!!
I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
Thanks.

Regards,

Pvest.




You can get one free from olympus, just call Olympus Tech support and they
will send you one.

or

E-mail your name, address, and the serial number from your camera body to
(E-Mail Removed) along with a note requesting a 4/3 - OM adapter, and
Olympus should set you right up.



Patrick



 
Reply With Quote
 
Stacey
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2006
Patrick L wrote:


>
> You can get one free from olympus, just call Olympus Tech support and
> they will send you one.
>
> or
>
> E-mail your name, address, and the serial number from your camera body to
> (E-Mail Removed) along with a note requesting a 4/3 - OM adapter, and
> Olympus should set you right up.
>



I think that promo ended..
--

Stacey
 
Reply With Quote
 
Don
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2006
You may want to read about the Four-Thirds sytem, which the new Olympus
Dig. SLRs are, particularly as it relates to lenses:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/index_01.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between lenses for film and lenses for digital? One4All Digital Photography 22 01-14-2007 05:00 AM
Full Frame Lenses vs Small Sensor Lenses measekite Digital Photography 15 09-13-2006 03:36 PM
Canon 'L' Lenses V non 'L' Lenses Russell Digital Photography 5 04-30-2005 09:56 AM
Lenses for 20D. I have older ef lenses Robert Digital Photography 1 11-19-2004 12:42 AM
stabilizing lenses (what lenses to get w/10D) jonathan Digital Photography 4 10-06-2003 02:45 PM



Advertisments