Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nissan - Disappointing?

Nissan - Disappointing?

Annika1980

My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?

I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

Barry L. Wallis

Annika1980 wrote:
> My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
> checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
> improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
> the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
> Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
> costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
> keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?
>
> I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

What, no picture?

--
- Barry

m Ransley

Ask Canon for a raise

jean

I see you are keeping your money for more important things like cameras,
lenses. And you take the time to use them rather than bitching about stuff
you don't have.

Jean

PS Dust on the windshield is normal, but inside the car, THAT is a problem.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
> checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
> improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
> the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
> Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
> costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
> keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?
>
> I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

ASAAR

On 23 Feb 2006 06:56:17 -0800, Annika1980 wrote:

> My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
> checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
> improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
> the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
> Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
> costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
> keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?
>
> I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

Wait for another year or two and you should have a choice of
better power plants. The new steam powered models should easily get
the 0-60 times down in the 3 second range. If you want greater
efficiency, opt for one using the latest high efficiency electric
motors, and it would also be a good idea to get the highest capacity
batteries offered.. Sadly, no manufacturer yet offers an optional
trailer than accepts banks of NiMH AA cells. You can easily convert
any car to include an anti-dust system, one that works full time,
not just when you start and stop the engine. Simply replace the
shocks with a worn out set. If you don't want to pay too much, you
know the drill. Either wait several months after the new models are
released before buying, try eBay, or cruise the Brooklyn chop shops.

Scott W

Annika1980 wrote:
> My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
> checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
> improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
> the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
> Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
> costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
> keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?
>
> I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

I would like to think that digital cameras are at about the same point
in development as the Ford Model A was. With the 30D is as if Ford
kept the model A but added cup holders, sure cup holders are nice but
we were kind of hoping for the Model T to come out this year.

Scott

John McWilliams

Annika1980 wrote:

> My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
> checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
> improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
> the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
> Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
> costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
> keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?
>
> I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

You missed the upgrade curve for cars, when improvements in
manufacturing, technology and economies of scale were driving car prices
down, at least in relative terms. I am not clear as to when that
happened- maybe in the 50's?

--
John McWilliams

jean

"Scott W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Annika1980 wrote:
>> My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
>> checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
>> improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
>> the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
>> Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
>> costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
>> keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?
>>
>> I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

> I would like to think that digital cameras are at about the same point
> in development as the Ford Model A was. With the 30D is as if Ford
> kept the model A but added cup holders, sure cup holders are nice but
> we were kind of hoping for the Model T to come out this year.
>
> Scott

Scott, the model T came before the model A.

Scott W

jean wrote:
> "Scott W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >
> > Annika1980 wrote:
> >> My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
> >> checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
> >> improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
> >> the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
> >> Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
> >> costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
> >> keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?
> >>
> >> I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

> > I would like to think that digital cameras are at about the same point
> > in development as the Ford Model A was. With the 30D is as if Ford
> > kept the model A but added cup holders, sure cup holders are nice but
> > we were kind of hoping for the Model T to come out this year.
> >
> > Scott

> Scott, the model T came before the model A.

Shoot you are right, kind of ruins my whole point.

Scott

SimonLW

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> My old '93 Altima is getting up there in mileage (170,000) so I've been
> checking out the new models. What a disappointment! I see very few
> improvements in the newer models than my 14 year-old car. I expected
> the new ones to get 150mpg and have 0-60 times in the 3-second range.
> Where's the plasma TV? And why so expensive? Shouldn't they have the
> costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
> keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?
>
> I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

Yep! Just saw the 20D vs. the D200 review. There is just no clear advantage
of 8mp vs 10mp to make Canon come out with the 30D 10mp instead of 8mp.
Enjoy the 20D!
-S