Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hewlett Packard-Pathetic Customer Service

Hewlett Packard-Pathetic Customer Service

johnj7777@yahoo.com

Hello all,

Two years ago I bought my fiance an HP Digital Camera. The camera has
been used maybe 10 times. Long story short, a few months ago we heard
a "pop" while using the thing and it went dead. We tried HP customer
service but they are an absolute disgrace, and many local shops refuse
to fix it because it's HP (the shops say HP is difficult to deal with).

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good reputable Philadelphia area (within
50 miles) camera repair shop?

Thanks,
John

John Falstaff

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> Two years ago I bought my fiance an HP Digital Camera. The camera has
> been used maybe 10 times. Long story short, a few months ago we heard
> a "pop" while using the thing and it went dead. We tried HP customer
> service but they are an absolute disgrace, and many local shops refuse
> to fix it because it's HP (the shops say HP is difficult to deal with).
>

> Anyway, can anyone recommend a good reputable Philadelphia area (within
> 50 miles) camera repair shop?

Since I have never yet heard anyone speak well of HP digital cameras, and
that one is two years old, I'd just get a new digital camera. You say you
used it "maybe 10 times," then "heard a 'pop' . . . and it went dead." You
might spend a lot of money on repairs, then use it another 10 times and hear
another "pop" and need the same repair all over again (I had a car once that
was something like that).

There are lots of good, inexpensive digital cameras. I bought a Nikon
Coolpix 4600 not long ago for $137. Really a great little camera for someone
who isn't very deeply into photography and related equipment, which I assume
is the case with your fiancee (10 times in two years).

Jack

Dennis P. Harris

On 13 Feb 2006 09:58:28 -0800 in rec.photo.digital,

> Anyway, can anyone recommend a good reputable Philadelphia area (within
> 50 miles) camera repair shop?

i doubt if the camera is repairable. most of the time warranty
"service" consists of sending a replacement camera.