Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D70 self-timer - have to choose it each time

Reply
Thread Tools

Nikon D70 self-timer - have to choose it each time

 
 
Destin_FL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-12-2006
Hello all,
Is there a way to set the D70 to the self-timer shooting mode/position as a
default instead of having to click the control wheel to that position each new
shot?

Tim


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
babalooixnay@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-12-2006
I think it's the same as the D50. In the menu there is a timer
shutdown that can be extended to about 15 minutes if I remember
correctly.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ed Ruf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-13-2006
On 12 Feb 2006 15:50:31 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I think it's the same as the D50. In the menu there is a timer
>shutdown that can be extended to about 15 minutes if I remember
>correctly.


The OP is asking how to set it in a timer mode that does not have to
be reset after every shot. Which unfortunately is not possible.
__________________________________________________ ______
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
http://EdwardGRuf.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Duncan Chesley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-13-2006
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:00:26 -0600, "Destin_FL"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a way to set the D70 to the self-timer shooting mode/position as a
>default instead of having to click the control wheel to that position each new
>shot?


I use the IR remote with timer setting. It stays fixed unless I
manually change it with the control wheel. I lose the setting if I
turn the camera off. It helps that I have an IR remote.

DuncanC

 
Reply With Quote
 
JimmyG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
Let it set for a while & it will automatically reset. It won't STAY in the
remote/self-timer mode for more than the maximum allowed (Which is only a
few minutes, at best).

Easy way to make it work? For only $1,700 you can get a D200 that sets on
manual self-timer until you change it!

--
Jimmy Greene
Santee, CA / Lake Oswego, OR


 
Reply With Quote
 
Destin_FL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
Yeah D200.... don't get me wrong, I love my D70, but I'm waiting on whatever
replaces the Canon 20D. I may be wrong but think that will be a D200 killer.

I have the D70 IR remote, but at close distance to the front of the camera, the
angle that it needs to see to make itself happy and fire from the IR dang near
puts your hand holding the remote in the shot. Now if Nikon could make the IR
work from the REAR of the camera they'd really have something!!!!

Tim

_______________





"JimmyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsIcIf.32685$jR.9469@fed1read01...
Let it set for a while & it will automatically reset. It won't STAY in the
remote/self-timer mode for more than the maximum allowed (Which is only a
few minutes, at best).

Easy way to make it work? For only $1,700 you can get a D200 that sets on
manual self-timer until you change it!

--
Jimmy Greene
Santee, CA / Lake Oswego, OR



 
Reply With Quote
 
(PeteCresswell)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2006
Per Destin_FL:
>I have the D70 IR remote, but at close distance to the front of the camera, the
>angle that it needs to see to make itself happy and fire from the IR dang near
>puts your hand holding the remote in the shot. Now if Nikon could make the IR
>work from the REAR of the camera they'd really have something!!!!


I hesitate to say this... but I really did manage to do it... Are you sure you
are holding the remote facing in the right direction?

I spent the first few days puzzling on how they can make such a
poorly-performing system. Then I realized I was holding the control backwards.
Not *quite* as dumb as it sounds, IMHO, bc looking at it just seems like the
right way to hold it.

Doing it right, I'm good for 15-20 feet indoors, no problem. Dunno about
outdoors...
--
PeteCresswell
 
Reply With Quote
 
Buster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2006
20D is being replaced with the 30D (how clever). It's mostly updating
the 20D, nothing exciting, still only 8 megs, but about the same
price.
buster
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:05:57 -0600, "Destin_FL"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yeah D200.... don't get me wrong, I love my D70, but I'm waiting on whatever
>replaces the Canon 20D. I may be wrong but think that will be a D200 killer.
>
>I have the D70 IR remote, but at close distance to the front of the camera, the
>angle that it needs to see to make itself happy and fire from the IR dang near
>puts your hand holding the remote in the shot. Now if Nikon could make the IR
>work from the REAR of the camera they'd really have something!!!!
>
>Tim
>
>_______________
>
>
>
>
>
>"JimmyG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>newsIcIf.32685$jR.9469@fed1read01...
>Let it set for a while & it will automatically reset. It won't STAY in the
>remote/self-timer mode for more than the maximum allowed (Which is only a
>few minutes, at best).
>
>Easy way to make it work? For only $1,700 you can get a D200 that sets on
>manual self-timer until you change it!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon 8800 vs Nikon 990 vs Canon 8MP Rebel vs Nikon D70 fj40rockcrawler@gmail.com Digital Photography 10 06-07-2005 06:53 PM
100% Compatible?? Nikon D70 & Nikon 24-120/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR 2145NID AF Zoom Lens Xtx99 Digital Photography 2 01-13-2005 06:31 AM
in S.E. Asia : Canon EOS 300d with 100 macro ED vs. Nikon D70 with Nikon 105 macro ? J. Cod Digital Photography 0 09-29-2004 05:46 AM
Nikon SB26 flash and Nikon D70 Fred B. Digital Photography 1 09-02-2004 05:01 PM
Nikon D100, Nikon D70 Canon Rebel 300D side by side specs, Linda_N Digital Photography 0 01-31-2004 03:01 AM



Advertisments