Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Please explain why B/W image has blue edges

Please explain why B/W image has blue edges

Jerry

I have 2 Canon printers (i470D and i9900) and they both produce
beautiful prints. However, in some configurations they produce a faint
blue outline around total black images.

I discovered that when I tell the print driver I'm using high-res or
photo paper, the blacks cease to be black but contain blue and the blue
bleeds past the black where I can see it.

I tried checking the black and white box and I still get color. I even
tried turning down the color jets to 0. Nothing seems to work. I even
ran the calibration patterns and still the blue shows through.

Are there any discussion threads that explain about how to optimize the
printer drivers? Otherwise, I'm thrilled with the Canon output!

Thanks!

Aad

"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have 2 Canon printers (i470D and i9900) and they both produce
> beautiful prints. However, in some configurations they produce a faint
> blue outline around total black images.
>
> I discovered that when I tell the print driver I'm using high-res or
> photo paper, the blacks cease to be black but contain blue and the blue
> bleeds past the black where I can see it.
>
> I tried checking the black and white box and I still get color. I even
> tried turning down the color jets to 0. Nothing seems to work. I even
> ran the calibration patterns and still the blue shows through.
>
> Are there any discussion threads that explain about how to optimize the
> printer drivers? Otherwise, I'm thrilled with the Canon output!
>
> Thanks!

From what software are you printing.
Can you use icc profiles in that software? If so, do you use them.
If not; Google on colormanagement and the use of icc profiles.
These profiles need to fit your printer, paper, and ink.
Aad