Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Pan and Scan Software

Pan and Scan Software

mark_digital©

I'm a new grandad (again) and it was very cool to see the pictures my
son-in-law Pete took displayed from his hard drive thru his Xbox to the TV
in a random pan and scan and also to and fro fashion. For a few pics the
direction of the motion made no sense, for example, a slow zoom towards the
middle of a barren floor. But overall I liked it better than solid stills or
fades from one to another.
Anyone know of simple software that will automate still images and the
results burned to DVD playable on set top players?

Mark_

Steve

"mark_digital©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm a new grandad (again) and it was very cool to see the pictures my
> son-in-law Pete took displayed from his hard drive thru his Xbox to the TV
> in a random pan and scan and also to and fro fashion. For a few pics the
> direction of the motion made no sense, for example, a slow zoom towards

the
> middle of a barren floor. But overall I liked it better than solid stills

or
> fades from one to another.
> Anyone know of simple software that will automate still images and the
> results burned to DVD playable on set top players?

This software will do it - http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

Hunt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says

>I'm a new grandad (again) and it was very cool to see the pictures my
>son-in-law Pete took displayed from his hard drive thru his Xbox to the TV
>in a random pan and scan and also to and fro fashion. For a few pics the
>direction of the motion made no sense, for example, a slow zoom towards the
>middle of a barren floor. But overall I liked it better than solid stills or
>fades from one to another.
>Anyone know of simple software that will automate still images and the
>results burned to DVD playable on set top players?
>
>Mark_

Pinnacle (now part of Avid) can do that, and a lot more. While it is basically
a digital video editor, it can handle still images as well, plus if you ever
get a DV camcorder... I've been using v9.4.3 for some time, and, while it has
glitches with 1hr videos with transitions, etc. it's rock solid with stills
and will do the burning to DVD with all controls that you will ever need.
Version 10, and 10+ are out, and while I have 10+ in the box, I have not
loaded it yet - seems that they released it a bit early in the "beta," so I'm
waiting for the patches to be uploaded to their site.

You should be able to pick up v9 (get the PLUS version) at many software
sellers. It was a US$99 program, upon release, but I've seen it discounted to
~US$25, especially since 10/10+ are out.

If you have a very old, slow, RAM-lacking machine, and are on Win OS (XP or
later) look at the included WinMovieMaker. It was introduced at around WinME,
but didn't become really useful, until XP. It also handles stills, but I don't
know about the Pan/Zoom effects in it. Pinnacle Studio has those, plus tons
more effects. Some are rather hokey, but there are some freeware packages of
effects that offer about 95% of all of the functionality that you will ever
need. Go to the Forum area of the Pinnacle Studio site, for links to
downloads. I'd not buy any of the Studio add-ons, as most of the useful ones
are available free. Plus, you can also add music to your "slide show."

Hunt

barry.wallis@gmail.com

Microsoft Photo Story 3 will do most of what you want and it is free.
The limitations are that it can only handle a maximum of 150 picutres
per show (you can always use Microsoft MovieMaker to glue two shows
together) and you need to use DVD burning software that can handle WMV
files to burn it to a DVD (I use Nero).

- Barry

q_dise@yahoo.com

Photo2DVD Studio will do this quite nicely - http://www.photo-to-dvd.com

Netflix "watch now", now pan and scan mk DVD Video 1 02-11-2007 01:16 PM
Richard C watches Pan and Scan! Max Christoffersen DVD Video 0 02-18-2004 04:35 PM
pan and scan JMH DVD Video 4 01-10-2004 04:25 AM
PAN & SCAN RELEASES SHOULD STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Joseph S. Powell, III DVD Video 34 11-21-2003 03:16 AM
Indy Temple of doom pan and scan question Michael Rogers DVD Video 2 10-28-2003 03:44 AM

Advertisments