Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D70/S Vs. Canon 300D/350D/20D/etc. for Optical quality only

Nikon D70/S Vs. Canon 300D/350D/20D/etc. for Optical quality only

Progressiveabsolution

I'm going to be using all Sigma lenses on one of these cameras. Will I
see an optical difference between any of the camera bodies listed above?

SMS

Progressiveabsolution wrote:
> I'm going to be using all Sigma lenses on one of these cameras. Will I
> see an optical difference between any of the camera bodies listed above?

Troll.

Progressiveabsolution

I'm new to this board. Why do you call me a troll? All I want is a
straightforward answer to a seemingly simple question. I don't care
about one camera brand over another, just whether the body of "ANY"
manufacturer will be superior given the same exact glass is on the
other it is comparing against.

SMS

Progressiveabsolution wrote:
> I'm new to this board. Why do you call me a troll?

Because no one would spend the money for one of those cameras and then
negate the optical quality by using poor lenses.

Progressiveabsolution

Ahhhh...sorry about that. I didn't know the Sigma 70-200mm EX APO and
the newer 17-50mm EX DC are lenses you think are inferior for these
cameras.

FlyerOZ@gmail.com

Progressiveabsolution wrote:
> I'm going to be using all Sigma lenses on one of these cameras. Will I
> see an optical difference between any of the camera bodies listed above?

In most cases I doubt you will see any difference.
Lots of people get too preoccupied with technical details - it is still
the photographer that makes the difference.
All cameras you mentioned are good cameras. If you can go & play with
them & pick something that you like the most. I found Nikon D70 most
comfortable to use & bought it.
Very happy with my choice.

SMS wrote:
>Because no one would spend the money for one of those cameras and then

negate the optical quality by using poor lenses.

Obviously you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
Many Sigma lenses are as good & in some cases better optically to Nikon
lenses.
Nikon lenses usually have higher built quality & here in Australia MUCH
higher price then Sigma equivalent.

SMS

> Obviously you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
> Many Sigma lenses are as good & in some cases better optically to Nikon
> lenses.

Sure you can choose the lowest quality Nikon lens and the highest
optical quality Sigma lens, and conclude that Sigma is better, at least
optically.

> Nikon lenses usually have higher built quality & here in Australia MUCH
> higher price then Sigma equivalent.

Yes, the price of the Nikon (and Canon) lenses are higher. If you're
looking only at price, Sigma is indeed the way to go. If you are looking
for the optimal combination of optical quality, build quality, and
compatibility, then spend the extra money on Nikon or Canon lenses.

"There is no product produced, that cannot be made cheaper in some way,
and those that buy, based on price alone, are this man's legal prey."

Steve
http://digitalslrinfo.com

Tesco News

"Progressiveabsolution" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm going to be using all Sigma lenses on one of these cameras. Will I
> see an optical difference between any of the camera bodies listed above?

No.

There will be no optical differences.

The optical quality will depend on which Sigma lens you choose. Some are
very bad and some are very good.

Roy G

cjcampbell

Progressiveabsolution wrote:
> I'm going to be using all Sigma lenses on one of these cameras. Will I
> see an optical difference between any of the camera bodies listed above?

No.

re: Sigma

There are some people here who do not like Sigma lenses. In general,
you get what you pay for. Carefully read lens reviews before buying any
lens, remembering that some user reviews are written by people who have
never used the product. Other reviews are written by engineers or
gearheads who have not got the faintest idea of how to take a good
picture. So be cautious.

Skip M

"cjcampbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Progressiveabsolution wrote:
>> I'm going to be using all Sigma lenses on one of these cameras. Will I
>> see an optical difference between any of the camera bodies listed above?

> No.
>
> re: Sigma
>
> There are some people here who do not like Sigma lenses. In general,
> you get what you pay for. Carefully read lens reviews before buying any
> lens, remembering that some user reviews are written by people who have
> never used the product. Other reviews are written by engineers or
> gearheads who have not got the faintest idea of how to take a good
> picture. So be cautious.

And some reviews are written by people who have had no experience with
other, equivalent lenses that may actually be better, others are written by
people who cannot admit that they made a mistake.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com