Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Contact Sheets - Does Such a Program Exist?

Contact Sheets - Does Such a Program Exist?

Greg

I want to print low quality contact sheets (to speed up the printer
speed).

Here exactly is what I want.

I want to be able to take my C: drive and print out every photo on a
contact sheet.

I want each contact sheet to have on top of it the directory (or
subdirectory) on it.

I want each contact sheet to have the number of contact sheets for each
directory (or subdirectory).

I want the file name under each photo.

So like it would say on the top C:\Disney trip\Day1

at the bottom it would say page 1 of 5 (or whatever).

Is there a program in existance that would do that?

Joey

Check out ACDC. I believe it does everything you ask for and you
can even choose the size of the thumbnails to print or number per
page.

Greg wrote:
> I want to print low quality contact sheets (to speed up the printer
> speed).
>
> Here exactly is what I want.
>
> I want to be able to take my C: drive and print out every photo on a
> contact sheet.
>
> I want each contact sheet to have on top of it the directory (or
> subdirectory) on it.
>
> I want each contact sheet to have the number of contact sheets for each
> directory (or subdirectory).
>
> I want the file name under each photo.
>
> So like it would say on the top C:\Disney trip\Day1
>

> at the bottom it would say page 1 of 5 (or whatever).
>
> Is there a program in existance that would do that?

Jeremiah DeWitt Weiner

Joey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Check out ACDC. I believe it does everything you ask for and you
> can even choose the size of the thumbnails to print or number per
> page.

I think you mean "ACDSee". Googling for "ACDC" will get the OP a
lot of results, but probably not correct ones. BTW, it's traditional
for replies to go below the text being replied to.

--
Oh to have a lodge in some vast wilderness. Where rumors of oppression
and deceit, of unsuccessful and successful wars may never reach me

tomm42

Greg wrote:
> I want to print low quality contact sheets (to speed up the printer
> speed).
>
> Here exactly is what I want.
>
> I want to be able to take my C: drive and print out every photo on a
> contact sheet.
>
> I want each contact sheet to have on top of it the directory (or
> subdirectory) on it.
>
> I want each contact sheet to have the number of contact sheets for each
> directory (or subdirectory).
>
> I want the file name under each photo.
>
> So like it would say on the top C:\Disney trip\Day1
>

> at the bottom it would say page 1 of 5 (or whatever).
>
> Is there a program in existance that would do that?

Photoshop Contact Sheet II. Works much better than the original. 20 to
an 8.5x11 page looks very good. The action will make as many pages as
there are pics in a folder.

Tom

RobG

Tradition, not one of the 10 commandments.

RobG

Jeremiah DeWitt Weiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:drtkoc$58j$1
@reader2.panix.com:

> Joey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Check out ACDC. I believe it does everything you ask for and you
>> can even choose the size of the thumbnails to print or number per
>> page.

> I think you mean "ACDSee". Googling for "ACDC" will get the OP a
> lot of results, but probably not correct ones. BTW, it's traditional
> for replies to go below the text being replied to.

Gene Palmiter

Not even a tradition....but a bone of contention. Some people like it one
way and some another. Personally I like the new stuff on top since I have
already read the old parts of the message in most cases.

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

"RobG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns975F522B7EFECrgrinbergspamspam@203.87.95.1 50...
> Tradition, not one of the 10 commandments.
>
> RobG
>

> Jeremiah DeWitt Weiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:drtkoc$58j$1
> @reader2.panix.com:
>
>> Joey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Check out ACDC. I believe it does everything you ask for and you
>>> can even choose the size of the thumbnails to print or number per
>>> page.

>> I think you mean "ACDSee". Googling for "ACDC" will get the OP a
>> lot of results, but probably not correct ones. BTW, it's traditional
>> for replies to go below the text being replied to.

Stewy

In article <yDwEf.8895$pO2.8842@trndny09>,
"Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Not even a tradition....but a bone of contention. Some people like it one
> way and some another. Personally I like the new stuff on top since I have
> already read the old parts of the message in most cases.

Usenet Rules! (Beavis & Butthead)

1. the golden rule is There are no golden rules.
2. bottom posting is easier than top posting especially if your
newsreader is configured to 'typing replaces selection' - my reader
(MT-NewsWatcher) automatically puts the curser at the bottom of the post.
3. Top posting creates unbelievable anger in some people.
4. Bottom posting does exactly the same thing.
5. Posts like this post (written by a Brit) invited flames from other,
less anal, posters.
6. Posters who can't say what they want to say in 20 lines or less
deserve to be ignored.
7. Snipping for brevity and tidying up the replies is most welcome.

PS Many thanks for the advice. My Canon printer has software for making
thumbnails but it's very klunky and only good if you're printing up A3
sheets.

Jon Danniken

"RobG" wrote:
> Tradition, not one of the 10 commandments.
>
> RobG
>

> Jeremiah DeWitt Weiner wrote:
> @reader2.panix.com:
>
> > Joey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Check out ACDC. I believe it does everything you ask for and you
> >> can even choose the size of the thumbnails to print or number per
> >> page.

> > I think you mean "ACDSee". Googling for "ACDC" will get the OP a
> > lot of results, but probably not correct ones. BTW, it's traditional
> > for replies to go below the text being replied to.

A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

Jon

Steven Thompson

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>I want to print low quality contact sheets (to speed up the printer
> speed).
>
> Here exactly is what I want.
>
> I want to be able to take my C: drive and print out every photo on a
> contact sheet.

Irfanview can print contact sheets out, and it's free.

Cheers
Steven Thompson

JunkMonkey

You are destined for a life of disappointment!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...