Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Estimated price of FZ7 ?

Estimated price of FZ7 ?

mianileng@yahoo.com

Has Panasonic or any reliable third party source quoted an estimated
street price for the upcoming FZ7 ?

Daniel Silevitch

On 29 Jan 2006 05:54:07 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Has Panasonic or any reliable third party source quoted an estimated
> street price for the upcoming FZ7 ?

According to http://dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3236
the price will be $399, shipping in March. I'm a bit surprised; that's
only $50 or so more expensive than the current FZ5 street price.

-dms

mianileng@yahoo.com

Daniel Silevitch wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2006 05:54:07 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Has Panasonic or any reliable third party source quoted an estimated
> > street price for the upcoming FZ7 ?

> According to http://dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3236
> the price will be $399, shipping in March. I'm a bit surprised; that's
> only $50 or so more expensive than the current FZ5 street price.
>
> -dms

Thanks Daniel. I thought I saw the figure $399 somewhere, but couldn't
be sure and could not find it again. I thought I might have been
mistaken since, as you said, that figure is surprisingly low for a new
upgraded model.

On paper, the FZ7 appears to have addressed most of my reservations
against the FZ5 and even the FZ20. These are the low-res movie mode,
lack of 3:2 format, EVF not in-line with the lens, weak flash (FZ5 - at
least compared to the FZ20 and Sony H1), LCD smaller than some
alternatives, blocky rectangular shape.

If only they'd upgrade the USB interface to 2.0. And for me personally,
making it run on two AA NiMH cells like the Sony H1 would make it
almost perfect, although I can understand why some people prefer Li-ion.