Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > VPN Client Linksys Wireless, ADSL XP Error 800, Zone Alarm

VPN Client Linksys Wireless, ADSL XP Error 800, Zone Alarm

John

Hi All,

I've seen lots of info about error 800, which I once got round, not
sure how.

But since upgrading my zone alarm and also applying the latest xp
patch 31st July, I'm no longer able to vpn into my works network. I do
not know if anything has changed on the works servers or routers, but
a college can connect from a 98 machine.

At home I'm running Zone Alarm, have a wireless network connection and
a adsl connection. my isp provided me with a static address. my adsl
to wireless router runs has a 10.0.0.* address, inside the wirles
network is running 192.168.1.*. the adsl is using nat to the wan
address of the wirless router.

I've tried turning nat of, stopping zonealarm, seting dmz host in the
wireless router. I belive 1723 is open etc, but believe this is a
server site setting not a client configuration. I've set the vpn
connection to use the remote dns and get address from server.

Anybody got any ideas .... everything was working at one point, but is
not now.
not sure if its something to do with exposing my ip address, but I'm
able to ping the remote server ... so route must exist back ?

John