Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus announces first ever true DSLR with live preview system

Olympus announces first ever true DSLR with live preview system

Digital Photography Now

* Dual sensor live preview system, retaining traditional optical viewfinder

* Introduces new Live MOS sensor technology

DPNow news analysis, plus full specifications and official press release and
lots of pictures:

http://dpnow.com/2392.html

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com

Paul Rubin

Huh? The ancient E-10 had live preview.

Digital Photography Now

Read the story - the E-10 is mentioned there.

Ian

"Paul Rubin" <http://(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Huh? The ancient E-10 had live preview.

A.A

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Huh? The ancient E-10 had live preview.

It didn't have interchangable lenses. For me this is a sweet camera
for club/concert and public events where I have to shoot over head but
still have the ability to use my ZD lenses.

Skip M

"Digital Photography Now" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:F3ZBf.19018$(E-Mail Removed)...
>* Dual sensor live preview system, retaining traditional optical viewfinder
>
> * Introduces new Live MOS sensor technology
>
> DPNow news analysis, plus full specifications and official press release
> and lots of pictures:
>
> http://dpnow.com/2392.html
>
> Digital Photography Now
> http://dpnow.com

Well, that happened a lot sooner than I expected. Of course, at least
according to DPReview, it's at a cost of a darker optical viewfinder. Oly
has taken the route of a semi transparent mirror, a la Canon RTS, to get the
light to the review sensor and still get an image to the viewfinder, too.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Alfred Molon

In article <F3ZBf.19018$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> * Dual sensor live preview system, retaining traditional optical viewfinder
>
> * Introduces new Live MOS sensor technology
>
> DPNow news analysis, plus full specifications and official press release and
> lots of pictures:
>
> http://dpnow.com/2392.html

WOW! Finally a manufacturer wo got it.
--

Alfred Molon

MarkČ

Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article <F3ZBf.19018$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> * Dual sensor live preview system, retaining traditional optical
>> viewfinder
>>
>> * Introduces new Live MOS sensor technology
>>
>> DPNow news analysis, plus full specifications and official press
>> release and lots of pictures:
>>
>> http://dpnow.com/2392.html

> WOW! Finally a manufacturer wo got it.

Got what?
-A dark viewfinder?
Yep...that's what they've got.
Some will apparently be willing to buy this.

SMS

Digital Photography Now wrote:
> * Dual sensor live preview system, retaining traditional optical viewfinder
>
> * Introduces new Live MOS sensor technology
>
> DPNow news analysis, plus full specifications and official press release and
> lots of pictures:
>
> http://dpnow.com/2392.html
>
> Digital Photography Now
> http://dpnow.com

The second part of that announcement is even more interesting. The new
sensor may solve the problem that's been plaguing 4:3 since the beginning.

That article did get something wrong though, Cypress did not supply the
sensor for the Kodak D-SLRs, those came from Fill-Factory, and were
manufactured by Tower Semiconductor in Israel.

Pete D

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
> Alfred Molon wrote:
>> In article <F3ZBf.19018$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> * Dual sensor live preview system, retaining traditional optical
>>> viewfinder
>>>
>>> * Introduces new Live MOS sensor technology
>>>
>>> DPNow news analysis, plus full specifications and official press
>>> release and lots of pictures:
>>>
>>> http://dpnow.com/2392.html

>> WOW! Finally a manufacturer wo got it.

> Got what?
> -A dark viewfinder?
> Yep...that's what they've got.
> Some will apparently be willing to buy this.

I can see the use for some but think it is highly over rated by those that
demand it.

A.A

> Got what?
> -A dark viewfinder?
> Yep...that's what they've got.
> Some will apparently be willing to buy this.

Sure will and cant wait to strap my 11-22mm or the upcoming 8mm fisheye
onto it. This will be a killer camera for night club/event shots
compared to my E1. So many new angles of voew explore now which I missed
out on by using an OVF and not being able to get too close to the ground.

Use my E1 for normal shot and then teh E330 for anything that need me to
perform yoga moves.

While you sit there all bitching about about some minute drawback to a
camrea you would never buy in the first place I'll be out exploring new
ways to imrpove my photo skills.