Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > RAW Converter For Nikon D200 NEF Files

Reply
Thread Tools

RAW Converter For Nikon D200 NEF Files

 
 
George Dingwall
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2006
Hi there,

I've just downloaded the latest RAW plugin for Photoshop CS2, and it
doesn't include support yet for the D200.

Anybody know of a decent raw converter for the D200 NEF files.

I have Nikon Capture, but hate for anything other than the Dust-Off
feature.

Thanks for any help.
Bye for now,

George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland

http://freespace.virgin.net/george.gdingwall/index.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
carrigman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2006
The free program Raw Shooter Essentials from www.pixmantec.com might work.

Carrigman


"George Dingwall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I've just downloaded the latest RAW plugin for Photoshop CS2, and it
> doesn't include support yet for the D200.
>
> Anybody know of a decent raw converter for the D200 NEF files.
>
> I have Nikon Capture, but hate for anything other than the Dust-Off
> feature.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Bye for now,
>
> George Dingwall
>
> Invergordon, Scotland
>
> http://freespace.virgin.net/george.gdingwall/index.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2006
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:36:09 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "carrigman"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The free program Raw Shooter Essentials from www.pixmantec.com might work.


No it won't. According to the list of supported cameras on the Pixmantec
site. But Adobe Camera Raw does,
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3267
--
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...ral/index.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
HornBlower
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2006
From what I understand the just finalized and released Adobe Camera RAW 3.3
supports the D200.

R



"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:36:09 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "carrigman"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The free program Raw Shooter Essentials from www.pixmantec.com might
>>work.

>
> No it won't. According to the list of supported cameras on the Pixmantec
> site. But Adobe Camera Raw does,
> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3267
> --
> Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
> See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...ral/index.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed Ruf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2006
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:10:58 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "HornBlower"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>From what I understand the just finalized and released Adobe Camera RAW 3.3
>supports the D200.


It's that is what I said, no? And provided the link to support it.


>"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> No it won't. According to the list of supported cameras on the Pixmantec
>> site. But Adobe Camera Raw does,
>> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3267


__________________________________________________ ______
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mr. G D Geen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2006
Just out of left field but does anyone know if Mac Photoeditor supports
the new format?

thanks, -G

Ed Ruf wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:10:58 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "HornBlower"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>From what I understand the just finalized and released Adobe Camera RAW 3.3

>
>>supports the D200.

>
>
> It's that is what I said, no? And provided the link to support it.
>
>
>
>>"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>>>No it won't. According to the list of supported cameras on the Pixmantec
>>>site. But Adobe Camera Raw does,
>>>http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3267

>
>
> __________________________________________________ ______
> Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
> See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
> http://EdwardGRuf.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
LuvLatins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2006

I just downloaded the 3.6 version and the English file DOES list the
D200 as supported

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:37:59 GMT, George Dingwall
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I've just downloaded the latest RAW plugin for Photoshop CS2, and it
>doesn't include support yet for the D200.
>
>Anybody know of a decent raw converter for the D200 NEF files.
>
>I have Nikon Capture, but hate for anything other than the Dust-Off
>feature.
>
>Thanks for any help.
>Bye for now,
>
>George Dingwall
>
>Invergordon, Scotland
>
>http://freespace.virgin.net/george.gdingwall/index.html

 
Reply With Quote
 
LuvLatins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2006
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:29:31 -0500, Ed Ruf <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>It's that is what I said, no? And provided the link to support it.


No its NOT what you said, version 3.6 DOES support the camera and can
be downloaded here
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3560

And I am using it so I know it works. Enjoy. And to the poster
before you are so sure of yourself you should check first.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Processing NEF (RAW) files from a Nikon camera Mark2149@cox.net Digital Photography 10 01-23-2005 03:42 AM
Nikon D70 RAW/NEF files Sitara Lal Digital Photography 1 09-01-2004 04:44 AM
Nikon RAW NEF File Editing Without Nikon Capture? Free Software? Dave Head Digital Photography 13 01-14-2004 11:56 PM
Raw converter for NEF files harvey steeves Digital Photography 1 01-02-2004 12:27 PM
Examples of Nikon NEF (raw) files? BarryC at SkylarkDVD Digital Photography 0 11-25-2003 08:24 PM



Advertisments