Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > S1 flash capacitor discharging to ground

S1 flash capacitor discharging to ground

tomcas

Anyone else had this problem? When the flash should go off a loud snap
can be heard inside the camera and there is no flash. I assume it's the
flash cap discharging to ground. It's my daughters camera and is only 5
months old. I have the same model Canon for over a year without any
problem. She takes a lot of pictures in the hockey rink and I'm thinking
it might be a moisture/condensation symptom.

Floyd Davidson

tomcas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Anyone else had this problem? When the flash should go off a loud snap
>can be heard inside the camera and there is no flash. I assume it's the
>flash cap discharging to ground. It's my daughters camera and is only 5
>months old. I have the same model Canon for over a year without any
>problem. She takes a lot of pictures in the hockey rink and I'm thinking
>it might be a moisture/condensation symptom.

Might be exactly that. Try storing it for a couple days in a
place that is warm and very dry. Otherwise it sounds like it
needs a repair shop...