Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I need a device driver for a digital camera

I need a device driver for a digital camera

John Fredrickson

I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam. Unfortunately,
the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot install the device
driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC 2770" and I bought it as a kit
from a company whose url is www.dk.com. They want $10 for a replacement
disk. I believe the camera was made by a Taiwanese company named "Service
and Quality Technologies" whose web site is at http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The
site is in Chinese and there is no download section for the retail camera. I
looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but the only download with the correct
camera name does not install(at least not in Windows XP).

If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could e-mail
me the device driver from the CD.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Tom

"John Fredrickson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam. Unfortunately,
>the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot install the device
>driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC 2770" and I bought it as a kit
>from a company whose url is www.dk.com. They want $10 for a replacement
>disk. I believe the camera was made by a Taiwanese company named "Service
>and Quality Technologies" whose web site is at http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The
>site is in Chinese and there is no download section for the retail camera.
>I looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but the only download with the
>correct camera name does not install(at least not in Windows XP).
>
> If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could
> e-mail me the device driver from the CD.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

And when you connect the camera to the computer, XP doesn't automatically
recognize the camera and already have a driver for it? I've noticed that a
lot of devices may come with a CD but the CD seems to only have drivers for
older operating systems since XP seems to come with whats usually needed. I
recently tried to download a driver for a card reader from the CD onto my
daughters computer running Millenium and found that the CD didn't have a
driver because ME was supposed to have it. Unfortunately a service tech
had to replace her motherboard (or something) and he hadn't returned the
computer to its' original specs completely and the driver wasn't there
anymore. And couldn't be found on the internet( got the message that a
driver wasn't needed by ME).

Tom G.

> John
> (E-Mail Removed)

Dennis Pogson

Tom wrote:
> "John Fredrickson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam.
>> Unfortunately, the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot
>> install the device driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC
>> 2770" and I bought it as a kit from a company whose url is
>> www.dk.com. They want $10 for a replacement disk. I believe the
>> camera was made by a Taiwanese company named "Service and Quality
>> Technologies" whose web site is at http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The site
>> is in Chinese and there is no download section for the retail
>> camera. I looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but the only
>> download with the correct camera name does not install(at least not
>> in Windows XP).
>>
>> If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could
>> e-mail me the device driver from the CD.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.

> And when you connect the camera to the computer, XP doesn't
> automatically recognize the camera and already have a driver for it?
> I've noticed that a lot of devices may come with a CD but the CD
> seems to only have drivers for older operating systems since XP seems
> to come with whats usually needed. I recently tried to download a
> driver for a card reader from the CD onto my daughters computer
> running Millenium and found that the CD didn't have a driver because
> ME was supposed to have it. Unfortunately a service tech had to
> replace her motherboard (or something) and he hadn't returned the
> computer to its' original specs completely and the driver wasn't
> there anymore. And couldn't be found on the internet( got the
> message that a driver wasn't needed by ME).
>
> Tom G.
>>
>> John
>> (E-Mail Removed)

Correct. XP will normally not require an install disk. '98 will almost
certainly require it.

BernieM

"John Fredrickson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam. Unfortunately,
>the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot install the device
>driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC 2770" and I bought it as a kit
>from a company whose url is www.dk.com. They want $10 for a replacement
>disk. I believe the camera was made by a Taiwanese company named "Service
>and Quality Technologies" whose web site is at http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The
>site is in Chinese and there is no download section for the retail camera.
>I looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but the only download with the
>correct camera name does not install(at least not in Windows XP).
>
> If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could
> e-mail me the device driver from the CD.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> John
> (E-Mail Removed)

Does this help ....

http://www.driverforum.com/inputdevice5/10764.html

John Fredrickson

"BernieM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ADpyf.217696$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Fredrickson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>I picked up a digital pen camera that doubles as a web-cam. Unfortunately,
>>the CD that came with it is defective and I cannot install the device
>>driver. The camera is named a "Dual-Mode DSC 2770" and I bought it as a
>>kit from a company whose url is www.dk.com. They want $10 for a
>>replacement disk. I believe the camera was made by a Taiwanese company
>>named "Service and Quality Technologies" whose web site is at
>>http://www.sq.com.tw/ . The site is in Chinese and there is no download
>>section for the retail camera. I looked in http://www.DriverGuide.com, but
>>the only download with the correct camera name does not install(at least
>>not in Windows XP).
>>
>> If anyone has this camera and the CD, I'd appreciate it if they could
>> e-mail me the device driver from the CD.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> John
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>

> Does this help ....
>
> http://www.driverforum.com/inputdevice5/10764.html

Bernie,

The URL you gave me relates to the issue of installing the camera, but does
not have a solution that works for me. They are complaining that the
Microsoft ksuser.dll file is missing. Mine is not missing. Thanks anyway.

John