Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hasselblad Introduces its New 39 Megapixel H2D-39 Digital Camera

Hasselblad Introduces its New 39 Megapixel H2D-39 Digital Camera

=?iso-8859-1?B?SmFuIEL2aG1l?=

Rich wrote:
> On 14 Jan 2006 14:54:26 -0800, "Jan Böhme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Swingman skrev:

> >> Rather amazing specs,

> >Yeah, but I'm a bit surprised they stop at ISO 400,

> Unlikely you'll see anyone using it to shoot a football game.

A football game, no. But how about a landscape scenery just before the
break of dawn?

Jan Böhme

David J. Littleboy

Rich wrote:

> >> Rather amazing specs,

> >Yeah, but I'm a bit surprised they stop at ISO 400,

> Unlikely you'll see anyone using it to shoot a football game.

A football game, no. But how about a landscape scenery just before the
break of dawn?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

ISO 100 is fine for that:
http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/33533884/original

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Mark²

Jan Böhme wrote:
> Rich wrote:

>>> Yeah, but I'm a bit surprised they stop at ISO 400,

>> Unlikely you'll see anyone using it to shoot a football game.

> A football game, no. But how about a landscape scenery just before the
> break of dawn?

Do you somehow believe that ISO 100 or 200 is problematic for that?
-Unless you're simultaneously trying to capture a deer running through the
field...ISO 100 would be my sensitivity of choice (unless my camera offered
50...or lower!).

=?iso-8859-1?B?SmFuIEL2aG1l?=

David J. Littleboy skrev:

> > >Yeah, but I'm a bit surprised they stop at ISO 400,

> > Unlikely you'll see anyone using it to shoot a football game.

> A football game, no. But how about a landscape scenery just before the
> break of dawn?
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> ISO 100 is fine for that:
> http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/33533884/original

If the weather is still, anyway...

Jan Böhme
(shifting the goal posts, but with some slight justification)

David J. Littleboy

David J. Littleboy skrev:

> > >Yeah, but I'm a bit surprised they stop at ISO 400,

> > Unlikely you'll see anyone using it to shoot a football game.

> A football game, no. But how about a landscape scenery just before the
> break of dawn?
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> ISO 100 is fine for that:
> http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/33533884/original

If the weather is still, anyway...
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

In my experience, pre-dawn morning is the stillest part of the day: it's
rarely windy at 5:00 am. I find it's during the day that I need higher ISOs
to get an adequate shutter speed to stop leaf motion.

Seriously, landscape types have been shooting ISO 50 for years, and using a
polarizer filter as well. Or a red filter with B&W film. You just picked a
bad example. I actually agree that it's uncool in the extreme that the MF
backs don't do high ISO as well as they should/could.

Of course, we use sturdy tripods. The salesman at the store really wanted to
sell me the Velbon 730 leg set, so he demo'd it by swinging on it with his
whole weight on the tripod. He made his sale.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan