Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Projector

Digital Projector

Glenn Dulmage

I know that this is probably not the group ( looked, honest!) for this post.

I would like to buy a digital projector for home and small classroom
projection to show my digital photos (mostly Canon Digital Rebel 6.3 MP).

I'm looking at an InFocus ScreenPlay 5000 for about $925.

Any suggestions about any projector or about this specific one or even about
another group that I could ask?

Thanks-

Glenn T. Dulmage
207 Valley Road
Chestertown, MD 21620

Charles Schuler

"Glenn Dulmage" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsDTxf.151$US3.63@trnddc04...
>I know that this is probably not the group ( looked, honest!) for this
>post.
>
> I would like to buy a digital projector for home and small classroom
> projection to show my digital photos (mostly Canon Digital Rebel 6.3 MP).
>
> I'm looking at an InFocus ScreenPlay 5000 for about $925.

InFocus has slipped in customer satisfaction (as reported to me by a dealer
.... I also happen to be his friend and respect his opinion).

wilt

Before you buy, try it out to evaluate the ability to project different
colors with a reasonable amount of accuracy. I have seen projectors
that make rainbows appear quite unusual! Medical images requiring some
color coding can even fail to show the color, depending upon the tone
and intensity.

Glenn Dulmage

How about the Epson PowerLite 76c?

Glenn T. Dulmage
207 Valley Road
Chestertown, MD 21620
410-778-5166

"Glenn Dulmage" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsDTxf.151$US3.63@trnddc04...
>I know that this is probably not the group ( looked, honest!) for this
>post.
>
> I would like to buy a digital projector for home and small classroom
> projection to show my digital photos (mostly Canon Digital Rebel 6.3 MP).
>
> I'm looking at an InFocus ScreenPlay 5000 for about $925.
>
> Any suggestions about any projector or about this specific one or even
> about another group that I could ask?
>
> Thanks-
>
> Glenn T. Dulmage
> 207 Valley Road
> Chestertown, MD 21620
> 410-778-5166

Mike Mc.

This should help... A LOT

http://www.projectorcentral.com/

Mike MC.

--

" If you can keep your head about you while all others
are losing theirs, and blaming you, the world, and everything in it, is yours..."

Kipling

"Glenn Dulmage" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message newsDTxf.151$US3.63@trnddc04...
I know that this is probably not the group ( looked, honest!) for this post.

I would like to buy a digital projector for home and small classroom
projection to show my digital photos (mostly Canon Digital Rebel 6.3 MP).

I'm looking at an InFocus ScreenPlay 5000 for about $925.

Any suggestions about any projector or about this specific one or even about
another group that I could ask?

Thanks-

Glenn T. Dulmage
207 Valley Road
Chestertown, MD 21620

Glenn Dulmage

Thanks to all who replied. I looked at about ten projectors and=, in the end,. chose the Epson PowerLite 76c. Shopped around and got a pretty good price.

"Mike Mc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

MarkČ

Glenn Dulmage wrote:
> How about the Epson PowerLite 76c?

In my experience, Epsons tend to exhibit VERY distinctly separated pixels,
likely due to large "wiring" on the optical surface (which is present in all
but DLP projectors).

If it were up to me, I'd say look for a projector with at least 2000 lumens,
since without it, nearly anything other than a near-completely-dark room
will render light, washed-out images.

You're not likely to find one for that price though...

I've been very happy with the rendition from my 5 year old NEC, but it's
only 1200 lumens and needs a dark room. When it's dark, though, the images
are quite lovely.

> Glenn T. Dulmage
> 207 Valley Road
> Chestertown, MD 21620
> 410-778-5166
>
> "Glenn Dulmage" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsDTxf.151$US3.63@trnddc04...
>> I know that this is probably not the group ( looked, honest!) for
>> this post.
>>
>> I would like to buy a digital projector for home and small classroom
>> projection to show my digital photos (mostly Canon Digital Rebel 6.3
>> MP). I'm looking at an InFocus ScreenPlay 5000 for about $925.
>>
>> Any suggestions about any projector or about this specific one or
>> even about another group that I could ask?
>>
>> Thanks-
>>
>> Glenn T. Dulmage
>> 207 Valley Road
>> Chestertown, MD 21620
>> 410-778-5166

MarkČ

Thanks to all who replied. I looked at about ten projectors and=, in the
end,. chose the Epson PowerLite 76c. Shopped around and got a pretty good
price.

Wow.
I just looked up the 76c, and am surprised to see 2000 lumens at that price.

-Guess I'm behind the times...

How is the rendition with regard to too-separate-looking pixels?
I hope better than my Epson memories...

John A. Stovall

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:37:14 -0500, "Mike Mc." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>This should help... A LOT
>
>http://www.projectorcentral.com/
>
>Mike MC.

Thanks for the 2.2k of HTML attached to your post.

Go read this and set up you newsreader correctly.

http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/nobin.html

"I believe that all government is evil,
in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty...

From "Mencken's Creed"
H.L. Mencken (1880 -1956)

Glenn Dulmage

I'll Let you know when I get it.