Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon to withdraw from film camera production

Nikon to withdraw from film camera production

Christopher Muto

Nikon to withdraw from film camera production+

TOKYO, Jan. 13 Kyodo
Nikon Corp. said Thursday it will stop making all but two of its
eight film single-lens reflex cameras, unveiling a plan that will
virtually put an end to the company's film camera production.
The camera maker said it will cease production of the six
cameras one by one.
-0- Jan/12/2006 15:21 GMT

editor@netpath.net

Film cameras - other than disposable - long have approached curio
status. Even high-quality, top-brand ones that were high-price when
new have nil value on eBay now unless as antiques - meaning that most
all don't even draw any bids or just very low ones.

Charles Schuler

"Christopher Muto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Nikon to withdraw from film camera production+
>
> TOKYO, Jan. 13 Kyodo
> Nikon Corp. said Thursday it will stop making all but two of its
> eight film single-lens reflex cameras, unveiling a plan that will
> virtually put an end to the company's film camera production.
> The camera maker said it will cease production of the six
> cameras one by one.
> -0- Jan/12/2006 15:21 GMT

Sales run any company. Film is just going away. I think I'd better sell
off my silver stocks.

Father Kodak

On 12 Jan 2006 10:21:27 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Film cameras - other than disposable - long have approached curio
>status. Even high-quality, top-brand ones that were high-price when
>new have nil value on eBay now unless as antiques - meaning that most

Help me understand why old Nikon gear is still so pricey on ebay.
True, some commodity type items are cheap, but have you looked at
Photomic meter prisms, focusing screens, bodies, or motor drives? Or
lenses?

I only wish they had nil value on ebay so I could afford to buy it
all.

Vater Kodak

>all don't even draw any bids or just very low ones.

Mojtaba

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:52:42 -0500, Father Kodak
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Days ago a Chinon SE3 Memotron in good condition with a 50 mm lens
sold on Ebay for 260 USD. Go figure it!

Mojtaba

>> Film cameras - other than disposable - long have approached curio
>>status. Even high-quality, top-brand ones that were high-price when
>>new have nil value on eBay now unless as antiques - meaning that most

>Help me understand why old Nikon gear is still so pricey on ebay.
>True, some commodity type items are cheap, but have you looked at
>Photomic meter prisms, focusing screens, bodies, or motor drives? Or
>lenses?
>
>I only wish they had nil value on ebay so I could afford to buy it
>all.
>
>Vater Kodak
>
>>all don't even draw any bids or just very low ones.

ASAAR

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:33:48 -0500, Charles Schuler wrote:

> Sales run any company. Film is just going away. I think I'd better sell
> off my silver stocks.

Too late. You should have thought of that when the Hunt brothers
were still around. <g>