Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D50 Bulb Control Via Remote

Nikon D50 Bulb Control Via Remote

-stephen-

I'm looking to do some long exposure pictures. Will the ML-L3 remote
allow me to use the Bulb setting and hold the shutter open (like a
cable would on my old Nikon 3mm?) That is, will it allow me to hold a
button down to do long exposures? All the reviews I see say it is
"capable of instantly triggering the shutter " but nothing about
controling the length of the exposure.

If it's not suitable, is there another remote that is? Since there's
a bulb setting on the camera, they must have some way to use it
without holding down the button manually and adding shake to a long
term picture.

Thanks

stephen

babalooixnay@hotmail.com

It works fine. Click the button once and the shutter opens. Click it
again and it shuts. Beats holding the cable plunger for minutes on end.

Chris

Up to a maximum of 30 minutes on battery that is...I think this goes up to 1
hour if the camera is plugged into AC adaptor.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> It works fine. Click the button once and the shutter opens. Click it
> again and it shuts. Beats holding the cable plunger for minutes on end.

-stephen-

Excellent! Thanks for the info.