Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Adobe Public Beta - Lightroom

Adobe Public Beta - Lightroom

C Wright

Adobe is announcing the release, and free download, of a public beta of
their new 'Lightroom' application:
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres.../010906Lightro
om.html
It apparently is being initially released as a Mac only version, with a
Windows version to follow. This probably to directly compete with Aperture
before Aperture can gain any kind of market share.
Lightroom appears to be a raw converter on steroids!
Chuck

Randall Ainsworth

In article <BFE89259.501BA%wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com>, C Wright
<wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote:

> Adobe is announcing the release, and free download, of a public beta of
> their new 'Lightroom' application:
> http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres.../010906Lightro
> om.html
> It apparently is being initially released as a Mac only version, with a
> Windows version to follow. This probably to directly compete with Aperture
> before Aperture can gain any kind of market share.
> Lightroom appears to be a raw converter on steroids!

Thank you for your statement of the obvious.

Paul J Gans

Randall Ainsworth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <BFE89259.501BA%wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com>, C Wright
><wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote:

>> Adobe is announcing the release, and free download, of a public beta of
>> their new 'Lightroom' application:
>> http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres.../010906Lightro
>> om.html
>> It apparently is being initially released as a Mac only version, with a
>> Windows version to follow. This probably to directly compete with Aperture
>> before Aperture can gain any kind of market share.
>> Lightroom appears to be a raw converter on steroids!

>Thank you for your statement of the obvious.

Well, it wasn't obvious to me. Mr. Wright did me a service.

---- Paul J. Gans