Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Recommended Camera Dealer In New York??

Recommended Camera Dealer In New York??

denis@boisclair.freeserve.co.uk

I have a son living in Long Island and working in New York: he wishes
to upgrade his digital camera and I have recommended that he looks at
the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the 10D. I'll be grateful if someone can
please advise the name of a good camera dealer(with competitive
pricing!) for him to visit in New York.

Denis Boisclair
Cheshire, UK.

randya

(E-Mail Removed)
Jan 9, 10:52 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: (E-Mail Removed) - Find messages by this author
Date: 9 Jan 2006 08:52:01 -0800
Subject: Recommended Camera Dealer In New York??
original | Report Abuse

I have a son living in Long Island and working in New York: he wishes
to upgrade his digital camera and I have recommended that he looks at
the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the 10D. I'll be grateful if someone can
please advise the name of a good camera dealer(with competitive
pricing!) for him to visit in New York.

Denis Boisclair
Cheshire, UK.

BH Photo has been a good choice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

For directions and such:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1571507C

Marvin

> I have a son living in Long Island and working in New York: he wishes
> to upgrade his digital camera and I have recommended that he looks at
> the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the 10D. I'll be grateful if someone can
> please advise the name of a good camera dealer(with competitive
> pricing!) for him to visit in New York.
>
> Denis Boisclair
> Cheshire, UK.

B&H Photo, on 9th Ave. at 34th Street in Manhattan.

Mark

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a son living in Long Island and working in New York: he wishes
> to upgrade his digital camera and I have recommended that he looks at
> the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the 10D. I'll be grateful if someone can
> please advise the name of a good camera dealer(with competitive
> pricing!) for him to visit in New York.
>
> Denis Boisclair
> Cheshire, UK.

Adorama
42 West 18th Street (Between 5th & 6th Ave.'s)
New York, NY 10011

or B&H Photo (as stated in the other response to you)

These are two of the most reputable in the business.

Dave

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have a son living in Long Island and working in New York: he wishes
> to upgrade his digital camera and I have recommended that he looks at
> the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the 10D. I'll be grateful if someone can
> please advise the name of a good camera dealer(with competitive
> pricing!) for him to visit in New York.
>
> Denis Boisclair
> Cheshire, UK.

Since he lives on Long Island (as do I)I think he might enjoy the
experience better if he were to try Cameta Camera in Amityville. B&H is
fine, but they tend to be less of a friendly experience and are quite
aggressive in my opinion.

Cameta prices will be very close if not better than B&H and they are
very friendly and helpful. I've been doing business with them since the
mid eighties even though I lived in Connecticut at the time and it was
about a 2 hour trip to get there.

Be sure to check their auctions on Ebay as well, but my preference would
be to visit the store.

Hope this helps,
Dave

PS - Cameta link for address and directions:

http://www.cameta.com

Cynicor

Dave wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I have a son living in Long Island and working in New York: he wishes
>> to upgrade his digital camera and I have recommended that he looks at
>> the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the 10D. I'll be grateful if someone can
>> please advise the name of a good camera dealer(with competitive
>> pricing!) for him to visit in New York.
>>
>> Denis Boisclair
>> Cheshire, UK.
>>

> Since he lives on Long Island (as do I)I think he might enjoy the
> experience better if he were to try Cameta Camera in Amityville. B&H is
> fine, but they tend to be less of a friendly experience and are quite
> aggressive in my opinion.
>
> Cameta prices will be very close if not better than B&H and they are
> very friendly and helpful. I've been doing business with them since the
> mid eighties even though I lived in Connecticut at the time and it was
> about a 2 hour trip to get there.
>
> Be sure to check their auctions on Ebay as well, but my preference would
> be to visit the store.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Dave
>
> PS - Cameta link for address and directions:
>
> http://www.cameta.com

Cameta is fine. But if the guy really lives on L.I. and commutes to NY,
he probably trains it to Penn, and then can walk a block over to B&H.
That's what I do when I just can't wait for something.

James Copeland

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a son living in Long Island and working in New York: he wishes
> to upgrade his digital camera and I have recommended that he looks at
> the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the 10D. I'll be grateful if someone can
> please advise the name of a good camera dealer(with competitive
> pricing!) for him to visit in New York.
>
> Denis Boisclair
> Cheshire, UK.

He might try 17th Street Photo. I've ordered by telephone from them many
times, and have always been pleased with the service, completeness of
inventory, quality of gods, and timeliness of delivery. I've never been to
their place in NY, so my familiarity is based solely on telephone and
internet. (www.17photo.com.)
Jim C.

Rich

On 9 Jan 2006 08:52:01 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have a son living in Long Island and working in New York: he wishes
>to upgrade his digital camera and I have recommended that he looks at
>the Canon Digital Rebel XT or the 10D. I'll be grateful if someone can
>please advise the name of a good camera dealer(with competitive
>pricing!) for him to visit in New York.
>
>Denis Boisclair
>Cheshire, UK.

Any but these:
http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Bolshoy Huy

J&R
B&H
Adorama
However, Abe's of Maine in Brooklyn seems
to have lower prices. Buzz isnt bad.
Staples, Best Buy, are legit.
PC Richards has higher prices; a 256mb for $40, Best Buy had a 512mb
for $40-$10rebate.

denis@boisclair.freeserve.co.uk

Thank you very much everyone for such prompt replies and very helpful
information.I am passing this on to Michael and hope to report back
with his experiences in the near future.

Denis
Cheshire, UK.