Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Epson R800, ultra glossy photo paper

Epson R800, ultra glossy photo paper

Gian

Hello All,

I think I have the most recent driver (5.51, 2005), but there is no
better option than Premium Glossy Photo Paper. How do I setup the
printer with the Epson Ultra Glossy pp ?

thanks for your time,
and happy new year to you all
-GianLuca

Gary Eickmeier

Gian wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I think I have the most recent driver (5.51, 2005), but there is no
> better option than Premium Glossy Photo Paper. How do I setup the
> printer with the Epson Ultra Glossy pp ?

Huh? Ultra Glossy? How much glossier can you get than PGPP?

GAry Eickmeier

Bob Williams

Not sure but you might try "Glossy Film"
Bob Williams

Gian wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I think I have the most recent driver (5.51, 2005), but there is no
> better option than Premium Glossy Photo Paper. How do I setup the
> printer with the Epson Ultra Glossy pp ?
>
> thanks for your time,
> and happy new year to you all
> -GianLuca

Clyde

Normally Epson puts information on a sheet inside or on the box telling
you what settings to use. What does it say?

Clyde

Gian

says 300g/m2, ultra glossy PP.
Now that I see it, it does not mention the R800.
Says, Stylus Photo R200, R300, R320, RX420, RX425, RX500, RX600, RX620
and RX700.

-Gian

Clyde ha scritto:

> Normally Epson puts information on a sheet inside or on the box telling
> you what settings to use. What does it say?
>
> Clyde

Clyde

Hum... It sounds like the paper is for dye based inks and not intended
for the pigment based inks on the R800. You aren't likely to get the
best results from this paper.

Besides not looking as bright and colorful as proper papers, the ink
may not stick to the paper as well. You just need to play with
different settings and see what works best for you.

Good luck,
Clyde