Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Street Lights

Street Lights

f8andbethere

What are your best settings for street Lights photos and Flash...??

I use D2x and sb800 amd generally I do a reading...say 1.8 at f2.8
then drop 2/3 let's say 1.8 at f5.6 and use flash on TTL....sometime I
get good results but not constant....would love to hear on what your
favourite method

mirhe

Uzytkownik "f8andbethere" <(E-Mail Removed)> napisal w wiadomosci
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What are your best settings for street Lights photos and Flash...??
>
> I use D2x and sb800 amd generally I do a reading...say 1.8 at f2.8
> then drop 2/3 let's say 1.8 at f5.6 and use flash on TTL....sometime I
> get good results but not constant....would love to hear on what your
> favourite method

I 'm not use flash but use tripoid
>--

Buy photos with license
Sell your photos
http://fotobank.tivi.net.pl/linki.html

tomm42

Way too long of an exposure, you need to meter for the lights or just
wing it try 1/60 at 5.6 to start and see where that takes you, simple
photography, too dark increase the exposure , too light decrease the
exposure. If you stay at the correct fstop range for your flash you'll
be fine with that.

Tom

RobG

"tomm42" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1136077800.689150.215710
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Way too long of an exposure, you need to meter for the lights or just
> wing it try 1/60 at 5.6 to start and see where that takes you, simple
> photography, too dark increase the exposure , too light decrease the
> exposure. If you stay at the correct fstop range for your flash you'll
> be fine with that.
>
> Tom

And don't forget to adjust the white balance.

RobG