Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 2621XM - np ip inspect causes failure

2621XM - np ip inspect causes failure

Chris

We are having a problem with browsing a particular web site - half of
the packets are dropped and it takes a long time to load the page. The
site is good, and we have no problems with any other sites. As a
troubleshooting step the tech from the ISP had me enter the command NO
IP INSPECT ETHERNET - to stop filtering on the ethernet level. When we
do this the internet goes down. We can still ping outside IP's - but
no browsing. I am not a Cisco pro, but I am being told this should not
happen. Any ideas or has anyone had this happen before? The config
has been looked at by a couple people and nothing stands out to them.
IOS ver 12.3(3a). Thanks!

Chris.

Merv

There are quite a few CBAC bugs that have been fixed in higher 12.3
releases so you might want to try upgrading the IOS version being sued

Chris

Problem was fixed. Apparently if you have an access list, you have
to remove that before removing IP inspect. The problem in our config
was the ip inspect http. The word from Cisco is that many people use
that command incorrectly to inspect web traffic, when it really blocks
some java functions. Who knew?

Chris.

anybody43@hotmail.com

>From what you said, you have removed your firewall.