Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Picture Quality with DSC W5 !!!

Picture Quality with DSC W5 !!!

URPradhan

Hi Friends

After 1 month of research on internet/reviews I got my new Sony DSC W5
few days back with 256 MB Memory Stick Pro.

I've taken pictures with every mode and compared all. If the picture
size is 5M then when you are seeing the actual picture in PC its not
seems to be good as it to be. Its blured images. But if you reduce the
size of the picture then its showing good results. Note, I
ve disabled the digital zoom feature.
SO, can any one plz suggest me how to take better quality picture with
this camera with different features and corresponding values.
Another thing is that, Can we record continuous unlimited lengh movie
by connection to PC ? If yes how ? Because the s/w provided asking to
connect the USB as streaming mode. But I could not find how to connect
the USB in streaming mode.

Thanxs

Smudger

"URPradhan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi Friends
>
> After 1 month of research on internet/reviews I got my new Sony DSC W5
> few days back with 256 MB Memory Stick Pro.
>
> I've taken pictures with every mode and compared all. If the picture
> size is 5M then when you are seeing the actual picture in PC its not
> seems to be good as it to be. Its blured images. But if you reduce the
> size of the picture then its showing good results. Note, I
> ve disabled the digital zoom feature.
> SO, can any one plz suggest me how to take better quality picture with
> this camera with different features and corresponding values.
> Another thing is that, Can we record continuous unlimited lengh movie
> by connection to PC ? If yes how ? Because the s/w provided asking to
> connect the USB as streaming mode. But I could not find how to connect
> the USB in streaming mode.
>
> Thanxs

I may be wrong but I suspect you're seeing the limitations of your monitor
and not your camera. I suggest you get a good sized print made of one of
your photos because then you'll see just how good the quality is. My
monitor, despite being calibrated perfecty for colour, does a very poor job
of rendering the detail my cameras are capable of.

Jack

"Smudger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:douoln$iir$(E-Mail Removed):

> "URPradhan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Hi Friends
>>
>> After 1 month of research on internet/reviews I got my new Sony DSC
>> W5 few days back with 256 MB Memory Stick Pro.
>>
>> I've taken pictures with every mode and compared all. If the picture
>> size is 5M then when you are seeing the actual picture in PC its not
>> seems to be good as it to be. Its blured images. But if you reduce
>> the size of the picture then its showing good results. Note, I
>> ve disabled the digital zoom feature.
>> SO, can any one plz suggest me how to take better quality picture
>> with this camera with different features and corresponding values.
>> Another thing is that, Can we record continuous unlimited lengh movie
>> by connection to PC ? If yes how ? Because the s/w provided asking to
>> connect the USB as streaming mode. But I could not find how to
>> connect the USB in streaming mode.
>>
>> Thanxs
>>

> I may be wrong but I suspect you're seeing the limitations of your
> monitor and not your camera. I suggest you get a good sized print
> made of one of your photos because then you'll see just how good the
> quality is. My monitor, despite being calibrated perfecty for colour,
> does a very poor job of rendering the detail my cameras are capable
> of.

I have the same camera and find the pictures to be of excellent quality.
If you're seeing blurred pictures on your monitor, I also agree that it's
the monitor not the camera.
No, you can't take movies using your PC and the camera. You have to use
the card in the camera. Get at least a 1 gig Memory Stick Pro. That's
what I use.

URPradhan

Friend
then compared to 5 PM picture in my monitor taken by Cannon camera is
of good quality. What I mean is the quality of 5M picture is not good
as 3M pitures. The pictures are not sharp its somekind of blured.

Jack

[posted and mailed]

"URPradhan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1135882025.660179.80890
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Friend
> then compared to 5 PM picture in my monitor taken by Cannon camera is
> of good quality. What I mean is the quality of 5M picture is not good
> as 3M pitures. The pictures are not sharp its somekind of blured.

I have both a Canon G3 and a Sony DSC W5 and I don't see a difference in
quality on my monitors and I have 3 computers with the largest monitor
being a 19" Dell LCD. I am looking at the pictures side by side and I
don't see any blurriness.