Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > MACK WARRANTY??They don't do..(THE WARRANTY)

MACK WARRANTY??They don't do..(THE WARRANTY)

Surreart

HELLO!
Does anyone have had same experience?
Mine,it was that after 6 email where I have requested,a International

service,for little problems happened to my camera,where the one year
original warranty was valid only in JAPAN,following the process,as
advertised in their site,I have requested service in my coutry,and MACK
company,SIMPLY NOT HAS ANSWERED.

After 20 DAYS,and after 6 (SIX) REQUEST of service.
So I have paid 180 US,the warranty for my D2X,and
I have understood,too lately,that they do not respect international
customer,and the agreements stated in site and in the warranty.

Then the camera was repaired,it was a stupid electronic component,and a
fuse,and the service of the importer of course charge for the work,and
to find the issue...

And so I have paid 300 US$ by my pocket.

Anyway here I only would wish to represent my case,and strongly advise
all international customer/people who desire to buy from them "3 THREE
YEARS INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY UNDER 6000 US$"to save their money...

SAVE YOUR 180 $.Keep the money in case you'll need service.
They simply do not answer to you (as in my case) if your camera fail..

HAPPY Xmas and happy new year for all!!

WannabeSomeone

"Surreart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> HELLO!
> Does anyone have had same experience?
> Mine,it was that after 6 email where I have requested,a International
>
> service,for little problems happened to my camera,where the one year
> original warranty was valid only in JAPAN,following the process,as
> advertised in their site,I have requested service in my coutry,and MACK
> company,SIMPLY NOT HAS ANSWERED.
>
> After 20 DAYS,and after 6 (SIX) REQUEST of service.
> So I have paid 180 US,the warranty for my D2X,and
> I have understood,too lately,that they do not respect international
> customer,and the agreements stated in site and in the warranty.
>
> Then the camera was repaired,it was a stupid electronic component,and a
> fuse,and the service of the importer of course charge for the work,and
> to find the issue...
>
> And so I have paid 300 US$ by my pocket.
>

> Anyway here I only would wish to represent my case,and strongly advise
> all international customer/people who desire to buy from them "3 THREE
> YEARS INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY UNDER 6000 US$"to save their money...
>
> SAVE YOUR 180 $.Keep the money in case you'll need service.
> They simply do not answer to you (as in my case) if your camera fail..
>
> HAPPY Xmas and happy new year for all!!

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too.

What country are you in? Is that MACK a truck company? How and why did you
buy a camera from a truck company?

Wannabe
=======

Scott Schuckert

In article <vnwrf.14$(E-Mail Removed)>, WannabeSomeone
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too.
>
> What country are you in? Is that MACK a truck company? How and why did you
> buy a camera from a truck company?

It's obvious language issues are in the way here; I, too would like to
know where he is. Mack Camera Repair is a New Jersey based camera
repair outfit. They don't sell equipment. They offer an extended
warranty which is usually sold through resellers. NOTE: I know Macks
proprietor personally, and was once a reseller of their warranties.

If I were to guess, the OP is overseas somewhere, and bought a
gray-market camera from a USA mail order company. He discovered the
manufacturers warranty was void, and the mail order company sold him a
Mack warranty.

It assume he sent email to Mack requesting service, which is the usual
way to get the process started. this either never got there or was not
answered; I would suspect the former. So he got it fixed locally, at
his own expense.

I think the lesson here is not to avoid this particular company (which
I personally believe to be a good one) but to buy locally with a local
warranty.

Bob Salomon

In article <251220050856037338%(E-Mail Removed)>,
Scott Schuckert <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Mack Camera Repair is a New Jersey based camera
> repair outfit.

And a camera store.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Surreart

Hello SCOTT!
I bought my camera in JAPAN,and the warranty it was valid only for this
country.
The Italian importer do not recognize the JAPAN WARRANTY,so I have
asked
as stated in the MACK site,and for what I have paid,TO HAVE a service
in Italy,and they after an authorization number,give the service
directly in my country..And AFTER 6 international request of
service,explaining the issue happened to the camera..
The result it was NO RESPONSE.
I dont think that company with this kind of behaviour can be called
"serious"
Thanks..

WannabeSomeone

"Surreart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello SCOTT!
> I bought my camera in JAPAN,and the warranty it was valid only for this
> country.
> The Italian importer do not recognize the JAPAN WARRANTY,so I have
> asked
> as stated in the MACK site,and for what I have paid,TO HAVE a service
> in Italy,and they after an authorization number,give the service
> directly in my country..And AFTER 6 international request of
> service,explaining the issue happened to the camera..
> The result it was NO RESPONSE.
> I dont think that company with this kind of behaviour can be called
> "serious"
> Thanks..

So you bought the camera in Japan, bought a service contract from a "Mack"
company in the United States, and you tried to have the camera repaired in
Italy by that "Mack" company.

I don't think it is wise to buy a camera in Japan and buy a service contract
from a U.S. company while you live in Italy.

OooooOH!!! I am getting this headache...........

Wannabe
=======

Surreart

People who sold me the camera has included the warranty.

The fact still remain,wise or not wise,I have paid 180US$.

And the Mack,do not respect the agreement stated in the warranty.

This is the fact.

babalooixnay@hotmail.com

Does make one wonder. I bought a Mack warranty specifically because I
travel a great deal internationally and Italy is a typical country for
me to be in. I can also be there for six months or so at a time. The
idea of the Mack warranty was to cover just such an eventuality. Mack
states that after you make contact with them they arrange for local
service if you are out of the US. No contact, no problem for Mack?

Scott Schuckert

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bob Salomon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And a camera store.

Mel sells cameras now? Cool. I guess with so many of the smaller stores
(like my old haunts) going out of business, it makes sense.

Scott Schuckert

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Surreart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> People who sold me the camera has included the warranty.
>
> The fact still remain,wise or not wise,I have paid 180US$.
>
> And the Mack,do not respect the agreement stated in the warranty.
>
> This is the fact.

Well, it may be "the fact" but it's certainly not typical. How did you
make your "6 international requests of service" ? Just email, or did
you follow up with a phone call? And where did the process stop - did
you not get authorization, or was the authorization refused in Italy?

And, REGARDLESS of what the dealer sold you, you were foolish to buy a
warranty from a foreign agency. No matter HOW good they are, there WILL
be problems trying to process things like this.