Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Yet another Flash Media recovery question!! Please help! please!

Yet another Flash Media recovery question!! Please help! please!

John Marquis

Hi everyone,

I have a LEXAR media 512mb compact flash card that has deleted files on
it I need to recover.

I've tried the Image Rescue 2.0 software and the only files recovered
are the jpeg preview files, the actual RAW photos aren't coming back?!

I'm using a MacG4 Titanium laptop, OS10.3.8. Images came from a Canon
10D, RAW.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really need some help,
thank you!!!

Martin Brown

John Marquis wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a LEXAR media 512mb compact flash card that has deleted files on
> it I need to recover.
>
> I've tried the Image Rescue 2.0 software and the only files recovered
> are the jpeg preview files, the actual RAW photos aren't coming back?!

Try some of the PC software instead - it might well work better. But
don't allow any software to modify the original media. Take an exact
carbon copy and work only on that secondary copy of the raw data.

> I'm using a MacG4 Titanium laptop, OS10.3.8. Images came from a Canon
> 10D, RAW.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really need some help,
> thank you!!!

If the files you have recovered are the right size then it may be
possible to do something. Please send me a couple of consecutive ones
privately and I can quickly assess if there is any chance of repair.

If the images are in a proprietory RAW format I am afraid the chances of
success are not especially good. Also then I need in addition one good
photo taken in the same format as the lost images.

Regards,
Martin Brown
(my unlikely looking Reply-To address is valid)

Julie Meikle

I need a SD recovery!! I bought a new card online...it arrived very quickly
so I put it "somewhere safe"....now I cannot find it ...horrible feeling I
threw it out in the envelope for the recycling truck.. Woe!
Julie
news:dods5k$4m5$(E-Mail Removed)...