Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A40 Overexposed

Canon A40 Overexposed

Frank

I bought my wife a Canon A40 two years ago and she loves it. I really
have not paid much attention to it other than have her take pictures
when I need a digital one. This year I decided that it was finally time
to leave my trusty A1 home when we went on vacation.

She only uses the AUTO settings. The problem is that every 8th or 9th
picture is severely overexposed. Most of these pictures are normal
situations with the sunlight behind the camera. Since the other
pictures come out correctly I suspect that there might be something we
are doing wrong. I went through the newsgroups posts and the only issue
I could find was the new software for focus problems but according to
the website this camera was not involved.

Any ideas?

thanks

Frank

Glen

I'd venture a guess and say your thumb is partially blocking the
rangefinder on these shots. Easy thing to do on an A40.

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I bought my wife a Canon A40 two years ago and she loves it. I really
> have not paid much attention to it other than have her take pictures
> when I need a digital one. This year I decided that it was finally time
> to leave my trusty A1 home when we went on vacation.
>
> She only uses the AUTO settings. The problem is that every 8th or 9th
> picture is severely overexposed. Most of these pictures are normal
> situations with the sunlight behind the camera. Since the other
> pictures come out correctly I suspect that there might be something we
> are doing wrong. I went through the newsgroups posts and the only issue
> I could find was the new software for focus problems but according to
> the website this camera was not involved.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks
>
> Frank

Glen

"Glen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:jvopf.7826$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> I'd venture a guess and say your thumb

Er, you know what I meant.

Dave Cohen

"Glen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Gfppf.6817$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> "Glen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jvopf.7826$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>> I'd venture a guess and say your thumb

> Er, you know what I meant.

To be honest, I don't
Dave Cohen

Frank

Glen:

I may not be understand either. I guess I don't know where the
rangefinder is located. The only thing I see is the viewfinder window
on top of the lens but it does not look very easy to get a thumb or
finger over without noticing. If it uses the flash then I could
understand. Where does the camera get its light reading?

thanks
Frank