Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > batch format conversion

batch format conversion

Paul in Toronto

Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG format and
delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will do it, but I need a
WinXP solution.

Ed Ruf

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:55:20 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Paul in
Toronto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG format and
>delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will do it, but I need a
>WinXP solution.

http://www.irfanview.com
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Paul Rubin

"Paul in Toronto" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG
> format and delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will
> do it, but I need a WinXP solution.

You could do it trivially with a shell script on linux (djpeg|pnmtopng).
You could probably port those tools to winxp if it hasn't been done
already.

David J Taylor

Paul Rubin wrote:
> "Paul in Toronto" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG
>> format and delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will
>> do it, but I need a WinXP solution.

> You could do it trivially with a shell script on linux
> (djpeg|pnmtopng). You could probably port those tools to winxp if it
> hasn't been done already.

You could port .... but IrfanView offers a ready-to-use, rather versatile
solution. As Ed said:

http://www.irfanview.com

David

Scott W

Paul in Toronto wrote:
> Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG format and
> delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will do it, but I need a
> WinXP solution.

As some one eles has already posted these program, which is free, will
do the job
http://www.irfanview.com

As some one else has already posted these program, which is free, will
do the job
http://www.irfanview.com

But you have me really wondering why do you wish to convert from jpegs
to png?

Scott

sierra

Also free for home use:

http://www.faststone.org

=?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=

"Paul in Toronto" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG
> format and delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will
> do it, but I need a WinXP solution.

ImageMagick for winxp seems to fit the bill.

--
Måns Rullgård

Matt Ion

Paul in Toronto wrote:
> Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG format and
> delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will do it, but I need a
> WinXP solution.

www.irfanview.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0550-4, 12/16/2005
Tested on: 12/16/2005 8:07:56 PM