Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Panasonic FX30..why not use 2/3rds sensor???

Panasonic FX30..why not use 2/3rds sensor???

Rich

It's a shame they stuck with the old 1/1.8. The camera has great
resolution, but then noise clubs it's quality like a baby seal.
I suppose the camera might have ended up too large (for them)
if they had to provide a lens that would support a larger sensor?
-Rich

Darrell

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's a shame they stuck with the old 1/1.8. The camera has great
> resolution, but then noise clubs it's quality like a baby seal.
> I suppose the camera might have ended up too large (for them)
> if they had to provide a lens that would support a larger sensor?
> -Rich

Hmmmm, We took some test shots at ISO 80 and ISO 400 printed to 12x18" and I
didn't find the noise objectionable. Mind you I do find your noise annoying,
have you ever actually used a camera?

Rich

How about some crops to look at then?

>From dpreview:

Noise reduction

Noise is the FZ30's achilles' heel, and Panasonic's noise reduction
processes have been strongly criticized in the past for sacrificing too
much detail, and producing an almost 'watercolor' like effect on higher
ISO images. Perhaps a reflection of the complaints, the FZ30 now offers
three levels of noise reduction, low, standard and high. Looking at the
results it's obvious not only that noise at ISO 400 is always going to
be a problem, but that the only way - in-camera - to get rid of it
involves losing a significant amount of image detail (Panasonic's
approach to noise reduction is simple; smudge the hell out of it).

HornBlower

If you don't like the camera don't buy it. In the mean time go F yourself
you troll.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> How about some crops to look at then?
>
>>From dpreview:

> Noise reduction
>
> Noise is the FZ30's achilles' heel, and Panasonic's noise reduction
> processes have been strongly criticized in the past for sacrificing too
> much detail, and producing an almost 'watercolor' like effect on higher
> ISO images. Perhaps a reflection of the complaints, the FZ30 now offers
> three levels of noise reduction, low, standard and high. Looking at the
> results it's obvious not only that noise at ISO 400 is always going to
> be a problem, but that the only way - in-camera - to get rid of it
> involves losing a significant amount of image detail (Panasonic's
> approach to noise reduction is simple; smudge the hell out of it).

Rich

I'd rather do your mother, you crybaby.

HornBlower

Hell, with the baby pee-pee you have she would just laugh at you. She is
only interested in real men.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'd rather do your mother, you crybaby.

Rich