Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP, Novell and Losing Mapping

XP, Novell and Losing Mapping

=?Utf-8?B?RGo=?=

At our school, we run WinXP on most machines, using Novell NetWare 6.0 client
for our server. We have been using wireless laptops the last few days, and,
after signing on to both the network and XP, have mapped each of the seven
drives on the server. The wireless laptops WILL NOT hold the mapping of the
drives once turned off, even if turned on by the same person! Since each
laptop will be used by multiple students and by one teacher, taking six
minutes to map each laptop's drives is, to say the least ludcrous.

The desktops have no problem whatsoever holding the mapping. Our IT hasn't
come up with a solution yet, but has ruled out both logon scripts and batch
files.

Is there another way? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Dj