Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon coolpix 4300 - Keeps shutting off after each picture

Nikon coolpix 4300 - Keeps shutting off after each picture

Barks

I have had this camera for almost 3 years and it has been great. For
some reason, it now wants to shut off after and even before a picture.
I get it focused and then boom, it shuts down. I can wait and it will
come back but it takes some time. This seems to be a new problem and
it is getting worse. I have purchased a new battery but that doesn't
make any difference or the memory card. I have even reset all the
settings to see if that was an issue. Has anyone seen this behavior?
It has been so good to us and I hate to give up on it.

Denise L

Barks wrote:
> I have had this camera for almost 3 years and it has been great. For
> some reason, it now wants to shut off after and even before a picture.
> I get it focused and then boom, it shuts down. I can wait and it will
> come back but it takes some time. This seems to be a new problem and
> it is getting worse. I have purchased a new battery but that doesn't
> make any difference or the memory card. I have even reset all the
> settings to see if that was an issue. Has anyone seen this behavior?
> It has been so good to us and I hate to give up on it.

I have the same problem with my Nikon Coolpix 5000 that I have had for
almost 4 years. I have done some research but have not been able to
find any information on this problem. I am assuming I will have to
send it to Nikon for repair.

Denise L