Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Need to setup a router/switch with 29 IP addresses, but can't subnet - HOW?

Need to setup a router/switch with 29 IP addresses, but can't subnet - HOW?

war_wheelan@yahoo.com

I have a Cisco 2600 series router and a 3500 series switch. I want to
configure 2 VLANs and I have 29 distincts IP addresses. The network is
setup at home with Verizon's FIOS offering.

Normally I would subnet a block of IP addresses and assign them to
individual interfaces. I don't believe that I can do this with 29 IP
addresses which don't fall on a subnet boundary.

QUESTION:
I want to configure 10 addresses on pcs and plug them into a specific
VLAN and the remainder (19) into another VLAN i.e. IP addresses 1-10
VLAN1 and IP addresses 11-29 VLAN2 and have them communicate?

How would I do this?
Must I assign an IP address to each router interface?
Will arp find the IP addresses for me?

jbeez

Can you use NAT to map to IP addresses on the inside? that way you
could subnet all you wanted behind your equipment and just forward the
traffic in.

war_wheelan@yahoo.com

I read some documentation on the use of NAT and it seems like it will
work it I use static NATs.

Thanks